The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby FuzzHugger » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:17 pm

I keep waiting for this thread to crash the whole board...
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:25 pm

That's so doom-y. :doom:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby ShaunNecro » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:33 pm

Lol
Wills Dissolve
http://facebook.com/willsdissolveband
https://willsdissolve.bandcamp.com
http://shaunnecro.tumblr.com/
NSFW: show
Iommic Pope wrote:Remember, she was dead when you got there......but you couldn't have been there-you were on a jumping castle at that point in time.

We just call it the "doom" room in the hope we might lure hipster girls there...into our rape vans....I mean vans of righteous wizarding.
ShaunNecro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:48 pm

Have we reached the outer limits of what the board can handle?
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:15 pm

Iommic Pope wrote:Have we reached the outer limits of what the board can handle?

Yeah... shit? Do we need to move the doom room thread to the office down the hall?
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:20 pm

Doom Room II?
WWPD?

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:27 pm

Iommic Pope wrote:Have we reached the outer limits of what the board can handle?

Thread of and for GAS is up to 2500, though, so we should be fine for a little while.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:43 pm

That's true, but I imagine with the few very large thread we have of this capacity it puts a lot of strain on the poor old board.
WWPD?

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby louderthangod » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:01 pm

I've got the Grande Pedaltrain and another smaller one (can't remember the model) and I"m now thinking about replacing the grande with a slightly smaller one but also adding another medium-large sort of board so I'd have 3 around me. Part of my issue is my Moog pedals are just plain huge and the 3 new pedals I'd like to add are also big, the Rendez Vous by Glou Glou, the Hologram Dream Sequence and the Boss SY-300. It's good to see so many new designs that are going beyond the old stuff. Too many cool pedals out there and the list just keeps growing.
[b]“I'm not an abstractionist. I'm not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I'm interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on.”
― Mark Rothko
http://www.floatingglasses.bandcamp.com http://theworshipofsilence.bandcamp.com
louderthangod

experienced
experienced

Postby odontophobia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:01 pm

You have the hard case for that grande? I have an old PP2. Was thinking of upsizing. We could trade?

Life is hard.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby BitchPudding » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:09 am

Im considering converting my unused skateboard into a pedalboard for my spare stuff/a smaller version of my big boy board.

I spent a bit of cash making it this custom thing and never rode it sooooo idk. Would hate to waste the board.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jäke » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:23 pm

Howdy fellers. Thought I'd chime in because I recently found a good deal on a used Quilter Toneblock 201 and would report on it here for those who might be interested.

It was purchased expressly as a loud/cleanish pedal platform with the hopes it could replace an Orange AD140 I've been using. I don't mind schlepping around big heavy gear (to a degree), but bonus points if I don't have to. I'm pleased to report that it really, really excels in that regard. I'm 42yo and have been doing this big-loud-dumb rock thing for a long time now, so I've had a bunch of amps for this very purpose over the years — Sound City, vintage Plexis, other Oranges, 800s, Sunns, Sovteks, etc. Not at all trying to brag, just providing some context and my sonic expectations.

I run the Quilter as part of a bi-amped rig in which I also run an early-90s Dual Rectifier (w/ no dirt pedal and set only fairly crunchy). I was concerned that it may not be able to keep up with the mountain of gear that the rest of the band uses, but now I worry that they may not be able to keep with ME, heheh. And the loudest I've dared to run it is 70watts on the master. It's really a freak of technology.

My 2¢ … if you're in the market for something like this, absolutely go for it. Now that I've had my hands on it, I would even say that they're probably even worth what they're asking new. It's kind of exciting that technology has come this far, to make a truly good sounding SS amplifier (a very subjective statement, of course). If you'd have asked me before, I would've told you that solid state amplifiers are really mostly a compromise of convenience and da tube tonez are where it's at. I suppose this is probably still the case if one is not slamming their amps with fuzz or other dirt. But if one is, the future is here!

PS: They are kind of ugly — big, horsey logos and bad construction graphics and such. But nothing some black gaffing tape doesn't help fix.
poop.
Jäke

committed
committed

Postby christianatl » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:37 pm

A+ post
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whores/108004672554176
http://whores.bandcamp.com
http://whores.bigcartel.com

WTB: Chase Bliss Tonal Recall, Keeley 30ms Delay, cool fuzzes and hand-painted stuff.
christianatl

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby samzadgan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:22 pm

Jäke wrote:Howdy fellers. Thought I'd chime in because I recently found a good deal on a used Quilter Toneblock 201 and would report on it here for those who might be interested.

It was purchased expressly as a loud/cleanish pedal platform with the hopes it could replace an Orange AD140 I've been using. I don't mind schlepping around big heavy gear (to a degree), but bonus points if I don't have to. I'm pleased to report that it really, really excels in that regard. I'm 42yo and have been doing this big-loud-dumb rock thing for a long time now, so I've had a bunch of amps for this very purpose over the years — Sound City, vintage Plexis, other Oranges, 800s, Sunns, Sovteks, etc. Not at all trying to brag, just providing some context and my sonic expectations.

I run the Quilter as part of a bi-amped rig in which I also run an early-90s Dual Rectifier (w/ no dirt pedal and set only fairly crunchy). I was concerned that it may not be able to keep up with the mountain of gear that the rest of the band uses, but now I worry that they may not be able to keep with ME, heheh. And the loudest I've dared to run it is 70watts on the master. It's really a freak of technology.

My 2¢ … if you're in the market for something like this, absolutely go for it. Now that I've had my hands on it, I would even say that they're probably even worth what they're asking new. It's kind of exciting that technology has come this far, to make a truly good sounding SS amplifier (a very subjective statement, of course). If you'd have asked me before, I would've told you that solid state amplifiers are really mostly a compromise of convenience and da tube tonez are where it's at. I suppose this is probably still the case if one is not slamming their amps with fuzz or other dirt. But if one is, the future is here!

PS: They are kind of ugly — big, horsey logos and bad construction graphics and such. But nothing some black gaffing tape doesn't help fix.

mate...firstly, welcome back...secondly, you must be in my head or something, as I have been thinking about these quilter amps. I'm in the same boat...40 and not wanting to lug around big amps all the time, especially as I also have a pedaltrain pro with case as well. I needed to hear someone with the same mindset and musical/tone taste with a view on these amps, and here you are!
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:03 pm

The new Quilter 101 gets rave reviews on the surf rock guitar forum I frequent and those are even more rabid about vintage tube amps. All my gear has been refined down to very clean, neutral eq pedal platforms, so I've been interested in picking up at least one of their models for a while.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org