The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby maggot » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:04 pm

t-rey wrote:
rickenbastard wrote:
t-rey wrote:Hope all is well with you dudes. I'm getting back into gear mongering and kind of need a witch burner and/or acapulco gold. Learn me about them dudes. MOAR DIRT. MOAR RIFFS.

I know nothing about the WB but I love the AG and everyone who hears it/uses it agrees.

Good to know - I've not been able to find a ton of firsthand opinions of it. Part of me wants to get a clone made with a gain knob for a little bit more versatility, and in hopes of running it with some grit and hitting it with the Pharaoh for +420 weedriff points. How's the pedal do with being stacked in stock form?

I'm having a Meathead clone built with a "gain knob" that's nothing but a big footswitchable passive volume knob going into the fuzz, so I can back off on it without futzing with my guitar volume. My original thought was to do that for an AG. I'll let you know how it goes. I also sing, so I don't like to have to do extra stuff with my hands while I play. I imagine, I'd back off the gain on an AG and run it into a Pharaoh than the other way around. The crunchy Muffs like to go last.
maggot

committed
committed

Postby pelliott » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:33 pm

t-rey wrote:PSA for you dudes - harman is blowing out Boneshakers for $39 with free shipping in the US. I've got one headed my way, because for $39 there's no excuse. Get on it yall.

WOW. Good find. Thanks for the heads up! Ordered.

Also:

In the Company of Serpents's newest is fucking killer. Lots of YOB and Eagle Twin-y characteristics that I am just loving.
pelliott

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby t-rey » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:25 pm

Pelliot! And credit to DoS for pointing me toward the deal the other day.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby t-rey » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:28 pm

maggot wrote:I'm having a Meathead clone built with a "gain knob" that's nothing but a big footswitchable passive volume knob going into the fuzz, so I can back off on it without futzing with my guitar volume. My original thought was to do that for an AG. I'll let you know how it goes. I also sing, so I don't like to have to do extra stuff with my hands while I play. I imagine, I'd back off the gain on an AG and run it into a Pharaoh than the other way around. The crunchy Muffs like to go last.

Definitely let me know how that works out if you to that route dude. Yeah I tend to like boosting muffs as well, but it would be rad if the AG acted more like an amp being hit with the muff though.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fever606 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:30 pm

fallen wrote:A box of new amp knobs arrived today so i get to fix up my Acoustic 270 which has one missing knob, a broken knob and a missing EQ slider. I'm guessing once I see the new knobs on there that I might be tempted to replace all of them after all... we will see how well the new knobs match up with the originals.

Mind Shari g where you got those from? I just picked up a 140 that is otherwise pretty clean but has a couple of janky knobs (and is missing the cable coily things on the back)...
fever606

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fallen » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:48 pm

fever606 wrote:
fallen wrote:A box of new amp knobs arrived today so i get to fix up my Acoustic 270 which has one missing knob, a broken knob and a missing EQ slider. I'm guessing once I see the new knobs on there that I might be tempted to replace all of them after all... we will see how well the new knobs match up with the originals.

Mind Shari g where you got those from? I just picked up a 140 that is otherwise pretty clean but has a couple of janky knobs (and is missing the cable coily things on the back)...

I got them from Allied Electronics but it turns out I misread the dimensions somehow and the two replacement knobs I got look perfect but are 25% bigger than the originals.

These look right but are way too big: https://ca-en.alliedelec.com/electronic ... /70206993/

I'll probably order these next to see if they match up better but who knows: https://ca-en.alliedelec.com/electronic ... /70206982/

The actual knobs are 40 years old so it would be easiest to just buy a whole set and replace them all.
fallen

committed
committed

Previous

Return to ilovedoom.com