Find Bossk an amp

Re: Find Bossk an amp

Postby CaptainBoxman » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:59 am

Yeah. It's no good having a 2 grand amp and a behringer 2x12 amirite?

You want holistic amp therapy
Iommic Pope wrote:The Boxman hails the Mountain,
Zion's rays descend.
CaptainBoxman

experienced
experienced

Postby AxAxSxS » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:01 am

totally, don't get me started on speakers....
If you think about it, we don't play guitar, we don't play amp, what people hear is the cab and what is in it. That's where the noise happens. Often overlooked.
Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby CaptainBoxman » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:14 am

Hence how I end up buying £300 of speakers after I get a cab, regardless of what it is.

Sticking swamp thangs and governors into my bassman 4x12 is gonna be fun
Zion's rays descend.
CaptainBoxman

experienced
experienced

Postby odontophobia » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:15 am

CaptainBoxman wrote:Hence how I end up buying £300 of speakers after I get a cab, regardless of what it is.

Sticking swamp thangs and governors into my bassman 4x12 is gonna be fun

i fucking love dem swamp thangs. when i someday get a 412 to compliment my 2x12 and 4x10 i'm going two swamp and something else to compliment. maybe wizards or govs.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby CaptainBoxman » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:41 am

Def governors. I've used the combination for about 3 years now and they compliment eachother beautifully. Wizard is a bit harsh and top endy, where the governor is similar but so robust and gutsy
Zion's rays descend.
CaptainBoxman

experienced
experienced

Postby ryan summit » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:07 am

youre robust and gutsy boxman
ya big teddy bear
ryan summit

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Krosis » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:04 pm

Haha, I didn't see this thread until just now. Cheers :group:
samzadgan wrote:You could come back and Matt Pike actually played classical guitar and studied really hard, didn't drink or smoke, and was now high paid Lawyer who spend most of his free time on TGP talking about how much his Les Paul weighs and how that makes the tone better than a Les Paul that weighs 0.05lb less.

new05002 wrote:I heard it does not work for kids who dont like black sabbath and sleep so there you go.
Krosis

experienced
experienced

Postby Bossk » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:31 pm

As I said in the doom room, im in talks with the hovercraft guy about making a model t clone. Its veey affordable for the falcon 100 in model t spec too. Under 1k usd.
Bossk

committed
committed

Postby CaptainBoxman » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:03 pm

Good shout bro. Keep on that train of thought.
Zion's rays descend.
CaptainBoxman

experienced
experienced

Postby whiskey_face » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:00 am

fuggit gonna poast it anways cause youll rpolly change your mind on the hovercraft :p

whiskey_face wrote:WTF happened in here? im gone for 24 mutherfucking hours and all the sudden were jazz snobs, purse thowers, bossk has another whut amp is bast question and were talking about anal. . . .

:lol:

bossk, bro, sweetpea, honey boo.

1 thing youre missing, that im surprised no one has brought up yet, is ANY 100 watt amp will doom

with the right cabs

a good set of cabs will make a fucking 100 watt SS 80s randall fucking doom is balls out, don't believe me? sign the fuck off ILF, go on CL and snag an 80s century 200 for 80$ and a peavey 2x15 for 150$ and call me when you find your dick, cause its gonna get stomped in the dirt by that set up.

a shitty cab will make all the dunwiches, hiwatts, model Ts, NMV marshalls, and matamps and electrics sound LIKE SHIT.

I saw you have an oversized 412, don't take this as mocking or talking shit, but that's a good start for doom. MAYBE add a 2x15 (or 2) to the setup.

OR keep the bugera / OS 4x12 and seek out a 70s SS bass rig with 215s (PEEBY KVLT) I personally LOVE mixing 1 tight amp (2203) with one loose ass ( :cool: ) amp. they compliment each other perfectly / and EQd right will sound HUGE.

2 amps 2 cabs will sound bigger, thicker and fuller then any 1 amp 1 cab, everyday of the week and, like anal, twice on fuckin sunday.

OR seek out 1 of my personal favorite doom amps that I have personally owned or played for these reasons:

marshall superbass:100 watts benched clean, classic CLASSIC amp, resale value is incredibly high, and with the 4 inputs / twin volumes (one bright one dark) theyre VERY VERY good at getting that perfect fuzz to sound JUST right.

2203: loud as fuck, loud as fuck, did I mention loud as fuck? my 2203 is MILES louder then ANY other amp ive ever heard (V4 ad140 ad200 wizard (not dunwich) classic ) the low input is PERFECT for a pedal platform amp and the "high" input is perfect for rock and roll. with the correct overdrive they can get NASTY SLUDGEY, also its a CLASSIC amp and like a superbass you will NEVER LOOSE MONEY ON THEM IF SOLD IN WORKING CONDITION.

NMV ampeg V4: loud as fuck, haunting reverb, and the 3 way switches on the EQ controls make it another GREAT amp for getting that fuzz to sound JUST right. downside? not a "normal" 6l6 12ax7 amp. they have an assortment of tubes and they NEED NOS tubes to sound correct.

why not a model t?

I remember passing on those amps for 600$ ill be fucking ~DAMNED if im going to spend 2k on one now just cause theyre cool, and to be honest, I like superbasses more and theyre not silverspoon kid's golden amp.

so TL:DR?
fucking scroll up and try again, my post is gold.

whiskey_face wrote:FUCK how could I forget these ones.. . . .

(still for bossk)

redbear mk120: not NEARLY as loud as my 2203 but its a darker, thicker, gainier version of a jcm 800. someday my dunwich will basically be a 300 watt redbear. these motherfuckers have more bass then SVTs. you have been warned.

if youre interested in hearing one and are ever in north Hollywood ill hook you up with lunch on my bill with dr.poopenstien420, he has my old one and im SURE he would dig showing it off.

krank krankenstien+: yup, bet you didnt think THAT amp could doom. oh motherfucker you would be wrong. 120 watts via 4 6550s and enough eq options to have a dark trembling nightmare. super tight MASSIVE low end, keeps together in tight chugs but will let loose if you roll your palm back on the bridge. I miss mine. almost as much as my redbear

and finally (for now) carvin b1500:

but uncle whiskey, that's solid state and a bass amp?!?

you bet your fucking ass. get ready to get your balls fucking stomped with power specs

"The B1500 delivers 700w at 8Ω, 1250w at 4Ω and 1900w at 2Ω.@ THD <1.0%"

what does that mean? it means it will fucking obliterate ANY guitar cab with power. add another cab? lol its power just doubled, now youre fucked outta 2 cabs.

when I had one of these I had an ampeg 810e. it kicked the dogshit outta it. so I bought another 8x10e, guess what it was loud as FUCK and still would hammer those cabs if I wasn't respondsible with the volume knob. add to the fact that, for a bass amp, it is a VERY classy design. and has a super sweet super easy layout. and it has a great EQ section

Tone Controls: ±12dB @ 30, 100, 300, 1k, 3k, 10k (Hz)

oh ya baby, a 30hz eq knob. with 1250 watts @4 ohms on tap :gizz:

AND this bitch sounds great on bass, takes pedlolz great, is made in murica AND can be had used for 400 shipped EASY.

good thing cause youll need the 800$ for more cabs to please this fucker.

anyways im drunk and rambling. off to bed.

good deals with Noise. . .guitmatt, magiclawnchair, delaydecay, Fuzz_Pi, nixhex113, theAntihero, Ancient Astronaught, bigchiefbc, jwojtysiak, neonblack, osbornkt

http://www.facebook.com/daughtersofzionaz
whiskey_face

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Bossk » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:32 pm

I already saw this.
Thank you. But im really digging the hovercraft tones. And definitely digging the custom options. Not to mention the amp will be brand new opposed to being used and 20+ years old with what Im sure will be user support if it doesnt work when I receive it.
Bossk

committed
committed

Postby misterstomach » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:48 pm

i'm curious about hovercraft's model t. he seems to be doing some interesting stuff. do you know what kind of amp it's built out of? aren't all their amps made out of other cheaper chinese amps like jet city and such?
ryan summit wrote:Damn these fuckin bullshit techherpes
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby whiskey_face » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:59 pm

yup :cry:
good deals with Noise. . .guitmatt, magiclawnchair, delaydecay, Fuzz_Pi, nixhex113, theAntihero, Ancient Astronaught, bigchiefbc, jwojtysiak, neonblack, osbornkt

http://www.facebook.com/daughtersofzionaz
whiskey_face

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby CaptainBoxman » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:32 am

Get 2 AORs
Zion's rays descend.
CaptainBoxman

experienced
experienced

Postby skullservant » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:04 am

misterstomach wrote:i'm curious about hovercraft's model t. he seems to be doing some interesting stuff. do you know what kind of amp it's built out of? aren't all their amps made out of other cheaper chinese amps like jet city and such?

Yeah, they are usually made out of Jet City amps.
Now, I will say the Jet City that I had that was modded by Verellen was very nice on the inside. The construction in the chassis was very sturdy/sound/etc but it seems like the one I had was an older version before Jet City switched over to the plastic switches and whatever. Curious if there is any difference on the inside as far as the circuit board goes.

Anyways, I'm curious how much Hovercraft does on the inside of the amps to justify the price. Is it a few caps and resistors being swapped out, or is it replacing the circuit boards entirely and wiring in new ones, just using the hardware and iron as a platform. I could justify the price if it was the latter moreso than the first
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Dunwich Amplification