Stereo Headphone Amp



Re: Stereo Headphone Amp

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:04 am

sexy dude!

i've been using a tube headphone amp for years now. its my semi-secret weapon. got some nice NOS mullards in it.
i use for mostly recording but some listening. i just slam drums and synths and samples thru it. gives it a nice rounded tubey vibe. really brings out the lows and mids, while taming the highs a bit. makes them tight and creamy.

really nice for gluing a mix together too.
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3689
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:01 pm
Location: rochester, ny

Re: Stereo Headphone Amp

Postby new05002 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:23 am

Yea I have heard they are great for mixing.
new05002

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3855
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:07 pm

Re: Stereo Headphone Amp

Postby Ryan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:14 pm

So your beefy headphone amp would actually make a great low-watt audio amp hey Nick? Did you try it with speakers?
Ryan

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 5276
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:47 pm
Location: Ogopogo Valley

Re: Stereo Headphone Amp

Postby new05002 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:09 pm

Ryan wrote:So your beefy headphone amp would actually make a great low-watt audio amp hey Nick? Did you try it with speakers?


No I never did even tho the OT could be ran down to 4 ohm (i was running it more like 32 ohm)
new05002

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3855
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:07 pm

Re: Stereo Headphone Amp

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:11 pm

Woo Audio Wa22
Image

proshot
Image

interior shot. fully balanced design
Image
Uncle Grandfather

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:34 pm

Re: Stereo Headphone Amp

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:56 pm

Just an FYI these are Dunwich build threads.... for his builds.... not to be a douche but thats kinda the point of this sub-forum....
Iommic Pope wrote:Skip, you rule. You hate people so much, you're willing to discredit all human progress, its awesome.
Ancient Astronaught

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 7203
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:14 pm
Location: Bear Country

Re: Stereo Headphone Amp

Postby moose23 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:35 am

Ancient Astronaught wrote:Just an FYI these are Dunwich build threads.... for his builds.... not to be a douche but thats kinda the point of this sub-forum....


If one was to compare, Nick's looks way better.
moose23

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:58 am

Re: Stereo Headphone Amp

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:40 am

moose23 wrote:
Ancient Astronaught wrote:Just an FYI these are Dunwich build threads.... for his builds.... not to be a douche but thats kinda the point of this sub-forum....


If one was to compare, Nick's looks way better.


Thankfully we listen to them then. I was responding to an active threads, didn't see it was a builders forum. regardless i don't see how a builder wouldn't mind seeing other builds. ta-dah
Uncle Grandfather

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:34 pm

Re: Stereo Headphone Amp

Postby moose23 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:28 am

I've heard neither so can't compare how they sound so all I can compare is their looks. Have you heard both yourself? How do they compare?
moose23

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:58 am

Re: Stereo Headphone Amp

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:57 am

moose23 wrote:I've heard neither so can't compare how they sound so all I can compare is their looks. Have you heard both yourself? How do they compare?


i havn't even seen his. so no. i wonder if he sells them? the woo is a fully balanced design, as are my dac and preamp and my nicer headphones are balanced too. I've got three other tubed headphone amp too. i love me some tubes :love:

here's a pic of my favorite cans, they are planar magnetic headphones. similar to electrostatic's. the diaphragm of a planar magnetic speaker is a thin sheet of flexible transparent film with very thin, flat electrical conductors in it. magnets on both sides of the diaphram create a full magnetic flux. the magnetic field created by the signal current interacts with the magnetic flux causing the conductors, and therefore the diaphragm, to move.

really great sounding cans, better than any dynamic can's i've ever heard. they're from audeze, the lcd-2 model with bamboo sides. very transparent to the source so its easy to tell how an amp "sounds"


Image
Image
Uncle Grandfather

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:34 pm

Re: Stereo Headphone Amp

Postby whiskey_face » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:33 pm

Uncle Grandfather wrote:
moose23 wrote:I've heard neither so can't compare how they sound so all I can compare is their looks. Have you heard both yourself? How do they compare?


i havn't even seen his. so no. i wonder if he sells them? the woo is a fully balanced design, as are my dac and preamp and my nicer headphones are balanced too. I've got three other tubed headphone amp too. i love me some tubes :love:

here's a pic of my favorite cans, they are planar magnetic headphones. similar to electrostatic's. the diaphragm of a planar magnetic speaker is a thin sheet of flexible transparent film with very thin, flat electrical conductors in it. magnets on both sides of the diaphram create a full magnetic flux. the magnetic field created by the signal current interacts with the magnetic flux causing the conductors, and therefore the diaphragm, to move.

really great sounding cans, better than any dynamic can's i've ever heard. they're from audeze, the lcd-2 model with bamboo sides. very transparent to the source so its easy to tell how an amp "sounds"


Image
Image



1000$ headphones
3$ hosa adaptors

all in or fold dude. . . .
Image
good deals with Noise. . .guitmatt, magiclawnchair, delaydecay, Fuzz_Pi, nixhex113, theAntihero, Ancient Astronaught, bigchiefbc, jwojtysiak, neonblack, osbornkt

http://www.facebook.com/daughtersofzionaz
whiskey_face

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2754
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:00 am

Previous

Return to Dunwich Amplification



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.