· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
PLUG IN, TURN UP, DOOM OUT <dunwichamps.com> <FB>
Post a reply

Stonehenge

Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:31 pm

Stonehenge

Stonehenge is a modded Superlead/Superbass amp but with the following mods: Added SLO style Resonance control, added Mid Shift control, always jacked into Bright and Dark channels, and a Blend control. The Resonance control is an analogous control to Presence but affects the low end in the phaser inverter and power amp. Mid Shift is a control that adjusts the low mids on the EQ while the Blend control adjusts the relative gain of the Bright and Dark channels. The overall amp is darker than the average SL/SB and has some reduction in the gain using 12at7s. I also added a control that can bypass the Blend and dial in maximum or minimum gain for both Dark and Bright channels so that various levels of gain and EQ can be achieved using that control.

Re: Stonehenge

Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:36 pm

OP updated

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:54 am

Is this the amp that was damaged in shipping and up on B/S/T for awhile? Anyone have any idea what happened to it if so?

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:56 am

Communarchy wrote:Is this the amp that was damaged in shipping and up on B/S/T for awhile? Anyone have any idea what happened to it if so?

Sold to someone on ILF but I dont know whom

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:11 pm

Well hopefully the person sees this. Question though, you say it's voiced darker than a Superlead/Superbass. Would it still be much darker if I was to play single coils? Because despite loving the Marshall sound, every Marshall I have ever owned I have had to run the treble at zero, and this after clipping input caps and treble peaking circuits. That and the presence even has to be set pretty low. If it's just darkened enough, or dark comparitively when using humbuckers, a Stonehenge might be a better investment than tracking down a reissue Superlead, and modding the inputs for Superbass circuitry.
Post a reply