Iron Pile Custom 200

Re: Iron Pile Custom 200

Postby Holy Schnikes » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:13 am

AngryGoldfish wrote:Those black knobs look classy as fuck.

I can't help but be selfish and say, the conclusion of the Iron Pile means not just Brett getting a new amp (boring!!), but my little combo will be next. Now we're talking.

:!!!: :excellent: :lol:

This is awesome seeing all the Doom Roomers names come up on the Dunwich wait list. Good times lay ahead for you dudes! THAT IRON PILE, wow!

Also excited to see your combo Danny, that'll be something I don't normally see from Nick. :thumb:
univalve wrote:Boner on Fire Wallet Panties!
Holy Schnikes

Supporter
Supporter

Re: Iron Pile Custom 200

Postby AngryGoldfish » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:06 pm

Holy Schnikes wrote:This is awesome seeing all the Doom Roomers names come up on the Dunwich wait list. Good times lay ahead for you dudes! THAT IRON PILE, wow!

Also excited to see your combo Danny, that'll be something I don't normally see from Nick. :thumb:

I'm kinda nervous about it. I need it to be just right, and I'm not as sure on this design as I was with my previous build idea, the 90 watt amp with two sets of different power tubes to select between. It'd be impossible to resell at reasonable value here in Ireland.

I'm basically going for a small, lightweight combo that can do cleans (Marshall-esque cleans) and high gain (JCM800/Model T levels). I'll be running it in stereo with my Fryette Memphis until I buy a Tone King Falcon, and also as my gigging amp when I don't need the extra power of the Memphis. It'll be handy because the Fryette is pretty heavy and big at around 55-60lbs when you factor all the extra gear I shove in the open back cabinet while in transit. It makes for going up stairs, negotiating tight corners in pubs, and lifting up onto tables highly strenuous. I'm hoping for something around the 35-40lb range. I'll do this by using a slightly lighter weight speaker like the EGS ET-65 at 8lbs or even a Neodymium speaker at 4lbs. TJ or whoever ends up building the cabinet will also use pine construction to keep the weight down. The headshell is going to be the same size as TJ's Doom Train and the cabinet dimensions will be that of a Carr Rambler. It'll be around 21″ x 17″ x 9″ with an open back and a chassis set-up like that of an old Tweed amp with the faceplate on the rear of the amp pointing backwards, like this:

Nick can't do the top-mounted faceplate unfortunately.
Catalinbread⁞⁞Earthquaker Devices⁞⁞Strymon⁞⁞Smallsound/Bigsound
Iron Ether⁞⁞Black Arts Toneworks⁞⁞Dr. Scientist⁞⁞Fairfield Circuitry
Tom Anderson⁞⁞Ibanez⁞⁞Guild⁞⁞Gretsch⁞⁞Fryette⁞⁞Audio Kitchen

Doom Room - type fast, riff slow
AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to Dunwich Amplification