Mojo Hand Rounder Noise?

Moderator: Eric!

Mojo Hand Rounder Noise?

Postby ck3 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:52 pm

I just received a used Mojo Hand Rounder that was purchased through Reverb. The seller already claimed a velcroed pedal was "mint" in his listing and was a tinge flaky about shipping, so I wanted to verify if what could be another problem may have been undisclosed prior to sale.

Basically, there is audible hiss anytime the pedal is engaged, and I'm not playing. I've owned other Buzzaround clones, and they were all gated. The Rounder I received has little to no gating, much like an ARC Crimson King I had to send to its builder for repair after damage from using a power supply that was not isolated. The Rounder's hiss is so extreme at higher sustain settings that the pedal will be unusable without an external noise gate. I have only been using battery power and even ran tests with no other pedals in the signal chain. Is this Rounder operating normally based on my description? Thanks in advance for any replies.
ck3

committed
committed

Re: Mojo Hand Rounder Noise?

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:05 pm

You should PM Eric! or something. He'll probably be able to help you.
There is a light emitting diode that never goes out. …………….0.............Sweet dealin's: here
"… and they have to tell Ornette that he cannot play the trumpet and violin." - Miles

"Well, I'm not a fan of reverb on guitar, but I like to create space using a lot of delays." - Robin Guthrie
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and theives, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ck3 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:24 pm

Done. Many thanks, Chank. :)*
ck3

committed
committed

Postby ck3 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:29 am

Just wanted to post an update and give Eric! major props for his attention to customer service. Mojo Hand truly stands behind their products.
ck3

committed
committed

Return to Mojo Hand Fx.