The state of Bukowski

The state of Bukowski

Postby Officer Bukowski » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:31 pm

Hey guys. Wow I haven't posted in here in a long time. It's time for me to renew my shark tank membership and I'd like to come back and have some more fun this time around.

So you probably noticed that I stopped posting in here for quite a while and I guess I should explain myself. First off let me say that I still LOVE building pedals and chatting with you guys, so that won't change :hug:

I guess the reason I haven't posted here in a while us that I got really burnt out doing custom orders a while ago. It sort of took away the part that I like about building pedals, which is experimenting with them and getting them to fit MY way of doing things. I suppose that's a bit selfish, but this isn't a full time job for me or anything and I figure the more I enjoy what I'm doing, the better the results will be for YOU

So my pedals may not be for everyone, but I need to be passionate about what I'm doing or I'll get sick of it. And you guys don't want me to make something that I don't care about anyways.

So I'm pretty much scrapping the idea of taking custom orders. Sorry guys its just not working out for me. Besides, my wait times are way too long.

What I WILL be doing, is cranking out the stuff that I enjoy, and I hope you guys will enjoy it too. That means LOTS of fuzz! I got a great transistor tester and have really expanded on my knowledge of building germanium fuzzes.

You guys won't really be seeing me make utility pedals, overdrives, compressors, pedals with 10 knobs, etc because I can't get into these types of effects.

I really hope you guys understand and are willing to check out what I'll be doing next. I think that it will be more fun for all of us involved (except for you damn tube screamer people)

And last I'd like to apologize to the two guys that have suffered long wait times as a result of all this. I am sincerely sorry, dase and fungalattack. I haven't forgotten about you though and you will recieve your pedals very soon that will hopefully exceed your expectations. Honestly the only thing holding me up is money to order a few more parts to finish up your builds. I got a DUI about a year ago and I'm just trying to put my life back together. I'm really sorry, it's totally unprofessional to let your builds get caught up in all of this.

So I hope you guys can forgive me and don't think I'm a shady guy. I'll never rip any of you guys off no matter what, I promise that.

Anyways.. I guess that's where I'm at.
I make pedals. SHARK TANK
Officer Bukowski

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: The state of Bukowski

Postby skullservant » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:41 pm

BUKOWSKI! HEY MAN!!

I'm stoked for whatever you crank out dude.
You've got that legendary clean wiring that is top notch.
That Perc has never left my board!
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Officer Bukowski » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:47 pm

Thankyou Evan! You're an inspiration, dude :hug:

Hope you continue to enjoy the Perc. Beat it up!
Officer Bukowski

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kbit » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:20 am

Doin' what you gotta do to make yourself happy, nothin' wrong with that :thumb:
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:04 pm

Welcome back Mr!
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fungalattack » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:08 pm

It's good to hear your back and that you're keeping your chin up. I got no hard feelings whatsoever! Experiment and get weird! :hug:
Fuzz, reverb, delay.

http://dridge.bandcamp.com/
fungalattack

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:03 pm

I always think it's awesome when someone knows exactly what they want to do and they do it.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Officer Bukowski » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:50 pm

I really appreciate the encouragement guys! Thanks

So I've got sortof a circuit together that I'm thinking I should box up and send around to you fine folk to check out

It's based on the fuzz face but has lower gain, less mud, and an input cap blend that pretty much takes you from a Rangemaster-like overdrive/fuzz to a more normal fuzz face sound. Dat treble boost/overdrive/fuzz sound is sortof the main feature to me. It sounds tight!

Any interest?
Officer Bukowski

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:57 am

Sounds killer!! I'd totally be down for a test drive
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Officer Bukowski » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:11 pm

And so it shall be!

Cool. I'm ordering parts to finish up dase and fungalattack a pedz, and I'll be slapping together a touring fuzz or two!
Officer Bukowski

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hazelwould » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:07 am

Haha... Sorry. Ignore my PM. :Picard:
hazelwould

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Officer Bukowski » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:14 pm

lol sorry dude. Aside from everything else it just feels so wrong to sell a Fairfield clone. I built one before for the frontman of my last band. He didn't really use it and I was broke so I sold it lol

I have no idea who has that pedal now but if you find it I'll mod it with a filter for you.

Exp controls.. I've never even used one before. I'm not the right guy to make a practical exp control because I don't know what their whole deal is about.

I am pedal caveman. Me like fuzz. Me like echoes.
Officer Bukowski

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kbit » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:22 pm

I bought that clone from you and sold it to someone else on here.
I don't think they were a regular, though.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Officer Bukowski » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Sorry I left the thread hanging, guys. My older brother was killed in an accident last week and I just haven't felt up to it to post anything

Yeah I remember selling that pedal to you, I just don't remember who nabbed it after that
Officer Bukowski

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hazelwould » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:59 pm

Officer Bukowski wrote:Sorry I left the thread hanging, guys. My older brother was killed in an accident last week and I just haven't felt up to it to post anything

Yeah I remember selling that pedal to you, I just don't remember who nabbed it after that

:( sorry to hear that man...

:hug:
hazelwould

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to Bukowski