Bukowski's Super Duper Pedal Thread!

Re: Bukowski's Super Duper Pedal Thread!

Postby kbit » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:49 pm

Any chance the effects loop is still a possible thing in the future?
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Officer Bukowski » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:21 pm

I'm still planning on doing it eventually, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

There may be a pretty exciting change coming soon though.
I make pedals. SHARK TANK
Officer Bukowski

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Officer Bukowski » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:15 pm

I have a pretty exciting update. The delays will soon be featuring modulation!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEOW6vY6DHU

Ryan showed me a pretty neat trick with a triangle wave oscillator and an LED and LDR modulating the delay time. I need to mess with it some more but it's pretty sweet
Officer Bukowski

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kbit » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:11 pm

OH GAWD. So is this like Stripes' delay just with modulation? What are the controls on the modulation / how is it activated and deactivated?
This is the delay I've been looking for. I want the first one you have available for sale.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Officer Bukowski » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:18 pm

Well I just have like a prototype thing wired up so far but the idea is to basically to be like Stripes' with modulation.

The controls are depth and rate. I can maybe add a switch to toggle between triangle wave and square wave mod when I figure it out. The mod is activated and deactivated with the depth control. It's a work in progress right meow
Officer Bukowski

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kbit » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:48 pm

Schweeeeeeeeet. The modulation in the clip sounds sooo good, too. Quite subtle but a nice texture to it. EXCITE.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Officer Bukowski » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:46 pm

Thanks! A lot of the modulation settings are NOT subtle at all though. It can get really ridiculously deep where you can clearly hear the delay time going up and down and it can go super super fast. I'm still tweaking the way the controls work, but I'm pretty set on the sound of the homemade optocoupler.

Here's another clip showing a few different settings. The playing is kinda repetitive.. Sorry. I don't remember if I showed the extreme settings but there's some oscillation at the end for you freaks

Officer Bukowski

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hbombgraphics » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:01 pm

dude, that sounds so flipping awesome
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Officer Bukowski » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:04 pm

Thanks, Ben!

I'd also like to say that I'll probably be changing the way I do business soon. As of recently, I feel that I should start to stray away from doing custom builds in favor of a more standardized product.

My problem is that I'm too busy to pump out custom orders in a timely fashion. I think everyone expects a bit of a wait, but lately the best I can do is a pretty excessive wait time. I apologize for the people that have been waiting on me.

I'll still do custom builds but I need people to understand that it will take a while, possibly even 2 months +

But my plan is to first refine this delay circuit to something that I'm really really happy with and invest in getting some nice PCBs made. At that point they would be much quicker and easier for me to produce, and people can just buy them when they're "in stock" with no wait time.
Officer Bukowski

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hbombgraphics » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:24 pm

a standard line would be pretty sweet, especially starting with that delay circuit. If you need a board guy we had a guy do some small batch work for environmental testing a while back he even created the gerber files for us, worked for a pretty reasonable price.

I don't think 2 months is that unreasonable for a custom pedal, although I never leave my basement so time is not a factor most of the time.
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby space6oy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:35 pm

DAMN... just told skullservant how i'm too buried in delays and then i heard that. :joy: :animal:
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kbit » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:49 pm

Ughhhhh I'm not even into modulated delay all that much and I want that so hard. It sounds so nice. Whenever you get these out, I'm so down :thumb:
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Officer Bukowski » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:45 am

hbombgraphics wrote:a standard line would be pretty sweet, especially starting with that delay circuit. If you need a board guy we had a guy do some small batch work for environmental testing a while back he even created the gerber files for us, worked for a pretty reasonable price.

Yeah I'll be needing someone to design the layout and everything for me. I'll probably send you a PM sometime for more info about your guy if you don't mind. I think I'll see what smallbrian/bigbrian and Culturejam can do for me too. But this is all after a bit more prototyping.

Spaceboy - There's no such thing as too many delays! Glad you like it :hug:

Kbithecrowing - Shanks, bud! After I iron out the kinks with the modulation I'll move on to working on that effects loop!
Officer Bukowski

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby pena_55 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:20 am

Seems I jumped the gun on my order. This mod delay effin' rules!
Officer Bukowski wrote:I think pretty much any pedal is useful for SOMETHING. Even if it's broken you can use it as a door stop or put it in a sock and thump freaks with it.

Band Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/crimsonkid
Band Tunes: http://www.soundcloud.com/crimsonkid-1
pena_55

committed
committed

Postby hazelwould » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:15 pm

This sounds so nice... Whatever you do, use those cream knobs.
hazelwould

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Bukowski