· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Post a reply

Re: Your and You're

Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:59 pm

Tall Walls wrote:With a heavy heart, I have to confirm that the 8-Step does not work with the Your And You're. I look forward to complaining when the next run supports CV. That being said, I'm pleased by the range of effects you can get with the tone knob--it can be surprisingly subtle, or unsurprisingly prominent. It likes my Dunlop expression pedal much more than my Moog EP3, but neither one sounds as good as turning the knob by hand. Just another task for my monkey butler to learn.

I'm glad I was able to get one without having to resort to buying one of the five (5) that Tim's Gear Depot is selling on Reverb, though I am intrigued by the fact that the "Mint" one is six dollars cheaper than the "Excellent" ones. And I see that You're And You're #10 is back on the market, for only $200 this time. Maybe it's cursed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:39 am

Tall Walls wrote:With a heavy heart, I have to confirm that the 8-Step does not work with the Your And You're. I look forward to complaining when the next run supports CV. That being said, I'm pleased by the range of effects you can get with the tone knob--it can be surprisingly subtle, or unsurprisingly prominent. It likes my Dunlop expression pedal much more than my Moog EP3, but neither one sounds as good as turning the knob by hand. Just another task for my monkey butler to learn.

ok well thanks for looking into it. we have a handful more that i will put in the store next dump but after that i don't know if we will ever make more. If we do i will aim to give you something to complain about.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:07 pm

Tall Walls wrote:I'm glad I was able to get one without having to resort to buying one of the five (5) that Tim's Gear Depot is selling on Reverb, though I am intrigued by the fact that the "Mint" one is six dollars cheaper than the "Excellent" ones. And I see that You're And You're #10 is back on the market, for only $200 this time. Maybe it's cursed.

He bought mine for $100 shipped, then immediately put it up for sale for $250 or something the second he got a shipping notice. It's still for sale. I check it every once in a while because it's funny it hasn't sold and fuck that guy.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:10 pm

Yep, fuck all those profiteers.

Your and You're is a great pedal and people should be playin' 'em. :snax:

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:12 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Your and You're is a great pedal and people should be playin' 'em. :snax:

I totally would...if I could get one.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:09 pm

I use mine frequently. Probably my favorite pedal for just writing easy leads with right now. (may change when the purple rain passes by)

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:11 pm

I've been negligent in putting together a little Your & You're demo.
The first thing I played after getting the pedal was "Cars" by Gary Numan.
Super fun stuff. I will try to get my shit together so I can bore you all with
my sloppy playing.

:animal:

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:12 am

The cleanup with the guitar's volume knob is just dreadful. All the guys at bbq & blues are gonna laugh at me.

Really though, one of my favorite things to do with the Your And You're is to back off on the guitar's volume until a hard-picked note gives you a little staticky fart with a hint of barely-perceptible pitch value.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:02 am

The best thing for yy is get a heavy ass drone going

Ehx freeze, raptio, looper, whatevs

Lots of reverb.

Kick in the yy and do a super fucking slow filter sweep.

Like 1:00 long

Bring a change of pants

Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:51 am

https://instagram.com/p/BU0uyFBheNJ/

Yay is fucking amazing sometimes

Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:56 pm

JonnyAngle wrote:https://instagram.com/p/BU0uyFBheNJ/

Yay is fucking amazing sometimes

very nice.