Your and You're

Moderator: multi_s

Re: Your and You're

Postby multi_s » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:06 pm

if it has that it might work, maybe someone can test and see. i don;t have one here to test with,im just saying ymmv.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby baremountain » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:42 pm

I can confirm that the 8-step doesn't work with it. It sends CV only.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:05 am

baremountain wrote:I can confirm that the 8-step doesn't work with it. It sends CV only.

great yes didnt think it would.

you could use a photocell though accross the ring and tip of a trs though, that will work. you could hook up a cv to an led and then put the photocell in front of it. haha, only half joking.

probably a photocell on a wire stuck to your guitar woudl be fun though.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Antlerface » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:19 am

That sounds fun. You have good ideas.
Antlerface

experienced
experienced

Postby ritz » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:44 pm

Antlerface wrote:That sounds fun. You have good ideas.

Yeah, you should start a company or something
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

multi_s wrote: i want something that gives my third eye a rim job.
ritz

experienced
experienced

Postby Tall Walls » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:07 am

baremountain wrote:I can confirm that the 8-step doesn't work with it. It sends CV only.

This makes me feel like I'm losing my mind, but I'm sure the 8-Step can do either Expression or CV, depending on the type of cable you use. First step from the manual: "Plug the TRS cable into the EXP/CV OUT on the left side of the 8-Step. Use a TS cable for CV control."
Tall Walls

committed
committed

Postby Antlerface » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:17 am

hmmmmmmm ill check w mine tomorro
Antlerface

experienced
experienced

Postby baremountain » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:06 pm

Tall Walls wrote:

This makes me feel like I'm losing my mind, but I'm sure the 8-Step can do either Expression or CV, depending on the type of cable you use. First step from the manual: "Plug the TRS cable into the EXP/CV OUT on the left side of the 8-Step. Use a TS cable for CV control."

It definitely only sends variable voltage out, not variable resistance. I can double check this with a multimeter, but idk what to tell ya. :idk:

solo tunes:
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:47 pm

:joy:
Just got my SS Y&Y back from Scott (it had a low volume issue).
Super easy transaction: sent a video showing my problem, shipped it up to Canadia, waited a few weeks, pleasantly surprised to find it on my doorstep today.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:27 pm

I wanna play with this thing. Why are there only like 2 demos online? And so many people seem to have them. Shameful!
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby worra » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:45 pm

neonblack wrote:I wanna play with this thing. Why are there only like 2 demos online? And so many people seem to have them. Shameful!

I can do more? :idk:
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:08 am

Lemme look at it again :lol:
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tall Walls » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:22 pm

baremountain wrote:
Tall Walls wrote:

It definitely only sends variable voltage out, not variable resistance. I can double check this with a multimeter, but idk what to tell ya. :idk:

This prompted me to try and educate myself on matters CV, but I have learned little to nothing, at least as it applies to the 8-Step's behavior with a TRS cable vs. a TS cable. I know that I have used the 8-Step with effects that accept a passive expression pedal and gotten good results--CT5, Strymon Deco, EHX Cock Fight, some old Digitech multi-effect. Specifically with the CT5, I tried using the 8-Step in "CV" mode (TS cable) and it acted wonky in extreme ranges...and right around then Scott posted that applying CV above 3.3V can fry the pedal and void the warranty. So having narrowly avoided disaster, I switched to connecting the CT5 to the 8-Step with a TRS cable, and now the full range of a slider on the 8-Step is equivalent to the full range of a knob on the CT5. This despite the fact that, as you say (and I've confirmed), the TRS cable is sending out 5V.

Long story short, I don't know what's going on and I don't own a Your And You're (yet).
Tall Walls

committed
committed

Postby baremountain » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:56 pm

If you set the depth to 5-6, many pedals' passive expression jacks will take CV. Doing so reduces the peak output voltage from 5V down to ~3-3.3V so they're compatible. Others aren't wired that way though. It really varies with each device I think. Ct5 with the 8 step is a lot of fun though !!

solo tunes:
associated acts:

baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Tall Walls » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:53 pm

With a heavy heart, I have to confirm that the 8-Step does not work with the Your And You're. I look forward to complaining when the next run supports CV. That being said, I'm pleased by the range of effects you can get with the tone knob--it can be surprisingly subtle, or unsurprisingly prominent. It likes my Dunlop expression pedal much more than my Moog EP3, but neither one sounds as good as turning the knob by hand. Just another task for my monkey butler to learn.

I'm glad I was able to get one without having to resort to buying one of the five (5) that Tim's Gear Depot is selling on Reverb, though I am intrigued by the fact that the "Mint" one is six dollars cheaper than the "Excellent" ones. And I see that You're And You're #10 is back on the market, for only $200 this time. Maybe it's cursed.
Tall Walls

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to Montreal Assembly