856 for ZELLERSASN (Firmware 1.6 released, last page)

Moderator: multi_s

Re: 856 for ZELLERSASN

Postby damnableman » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:51 pm

Okay, it is an interaction between POS and REP...? The higher the REP the further through the sample each repetition of P1-P3 advances. I think. And the playback position resets with the repetition cycle. Still not sure what controls/sets the original sample start position. Possibly it is set by the position of POS and advances by the length of LEN. That would almost make sense. Not sure yet.

Sorry for live blogging my fairly inane and surely confused thoughts. I figure it might be useful to someone else in the future to read through this nonsense.

If anyone understands this better than I do or has an alternate theory or knows the programming intimately, please correct the record.
damnableman

committed
committed

Postby multi_s » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:14 am

The stride should work as you originally thought. From manual:

If in the upward position, STRIDE, the POS knob controls the rate at which the sample selection is advanced through positions in the sample. A counter-clockwise position of the POS knob advances backward and a clockwise position of the POS knob advances forward. The knob in the centre does not advance the start position of sampling.

I double check it myself and get back to you though.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby damnableman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:07 pm

Cool, thanks.

The part you quoted from the manual is what originally made me think it would advance infinitely, cycling through the whole sample over and over, but what actually seems to be happening is that each new repetition of N advances by some degree (set by LEN?) through the sample and then the playback position resets to some absolute point (set by POS?) whenever the REP cycle restarts. Either way, it's interesting. I just had dreams of infinitely shifting patterns of sound.

Definitely interested to see what you find out.
damnableman

committed
committed

Postby multi_s » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:58 pm

Hi,

Yes i believe the way "stride" is implemented is that if you have repeats on a note, it is the repeats that stride. So if you had say "A B C D E F G" as the base recording and 2 repeats of the note, with the length long enough to playback half the sample, with no stride you might get "A B C A B C" as the output. With low stride you might get "A B C B C D" With more stride you might get "A B C C D E" etc.

So since N1 cannot have repeats you can only use stride on N2 and N3 i would assume but i will speak with nick to verify, although from playing with it this seems top be the case.

So stride is not some sort of modulation on the ABS parameter, it means instead the repeats are shifted in the sample, not the root note over sliding through the recording each new bar etc.

Sorry the manual is not clear on that so I will change it.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby damnableman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:36 pm

Cool. Thanks for looking into that. :)
damnableman

committed
committed

Postby multi_s » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:57 pm

Hi

Yes so that is the way it is implemented, and it is not quite correct what i said that you cannot add repeats on N1.

You can turn repeats on for N1, but only using midi, so that's why there are midi commands for repeats and stride paramters on N1, but since you need to adjust come of the BAR parameters when N1/BAR is selected, you cannot control repeats for N1 on the interface of the pedal itself since those knobs work double duty.

I will update the manual to make that more clear.

Thank you for your question.

s
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby damnableman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Right on. I was just working with N2 during my explorations for that very reason. Thanks again.
damnableman

committed
committed

Postby Cosmo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:38 pm

When are more of these going to be available to the world?!? I want... no I NEED one .
Cosmo

interested
interested

Postby multi_s » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:13 pm

Cosmo wrote:When are more of these going to be available to the world?!? I want... no I NEED one .

hopefully in about 1 month. i will know more by the end of this week though actually. the mailing list is probably the best bet to know when still though.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Seance » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:10 am

multi_s wrote: the mailing list is probably the best bet to know when still though.

My racing mind never acknowledges when still though.
Thoughts burbble. Is it now? What about now?
If only I could mail this list of notions of anticipation.
A "mailing list of when still though" if you will.

Oh wait. I already telegraph them in Morse code here
on ILF>>>>>>>>

... -.-. --- - - --..-- / .-- .... . -. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / - .... . / ---.. ..... -.... / ..-. --- .-. / --.. . .-.. .-.. . .-. ... .- ... -. / -... . / .-. . .-.. . .- ... . -.. ..--..

:poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke:
:snax: :snax: :snax: :snax: :snax: :snax: :snax: :snax: :snax:
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Timv » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:27 am

Just curious when the new firmware update will be available?
Would like to update mine so the record starts with button push vs when you take your foot off.
Timv

interested
interested

Postby multi_s » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:07 pm

Hi,

we will release the firmware sometime before the end of the year.

s
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Seance » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:48 am

Practicing my "quick draw" capabilities on the clickety-clack keyboard.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby bacegchsbis » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:19 am

Aaaaahhhhh the anticipation
bacegchsbis

involved
involved

Postby caljoephua » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:48 pm

feelin' the heat! im 12 hours ahead of you guys in the states soooo im battling the sleep cycle now!!!
caljoephua

interested
interested

PreviousNext

Return to Montreal Assembly