856 for ZELLERSASN (Firmware 1.6 released, last page)

Moderator: multi_s

Re: 856 for ZELLERSASN

Postby Zpro18 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:11 pm

I just go one of these the 2017 model. I'm trying to follow along with the tutorial but im having issues resetting it. I hold the uni switch down and click the feedback 2 but when I get to the step about turning the gain down on the loop the loop continues to play. Was wondering if anyone else had this issue
Zpro18

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby shikawkee » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:33 pm

Zpro18 wrote:I just go one of these the 2017 model. I'm trying to follow along with the tutorial but im having issues resetting it. I hold the uni switch down and click the feedback 2 but when I get to the step about turning the gain down on the loop the loop continues to play. Was wondering if anyone else had this issue

Me too.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Zpro18 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:31 pm

I mean I don't really care about that I would just like to know if it's fully working/resetting. Most money I've spent on a pedal, it's just a little disheartening that I can't get it to do like the 3rd thing on the tutorial
Zpro18

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:09 pm

Definitely tonnes of stuff I'm not doing, but I'm feeling like I have a basic capability at mangling things on the fly. Maybe easier for me 'cause I don't usually need the output to work with any other melodic framework or anything.

UNI + Pitch knob makes for a nice quick melt-y intervention that usually stands out in the mix.
solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
duo (electroacoustic vibration exploration): https://wenderlypark.bandcamp.com/
trio (tapes/voice/clarinet/synth/poems): https://ourwaytofall.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/

I also help co-ordinate Okta, ILF's collaborative community ambient project: https://okta.bandcamp.com
Heraclitus Akimbo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby damnableman » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:25 pm

xo
Last edited by damnableman on Sat May 04, 2019 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
damnableman

committed
committed

Postby shikawkee » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:30 pm

I'd love to know how to delete all loops currently stored. Can't seem to find that anywhere unless I'm missing it. And what does the expression input control?
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cherler » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:45 pm

I'm pretty sure everything gets deleted if you start a new recording with the pedal off. So stop with the right switch, and then just start recording with the left and the old stuff gets deleted right there. Unless you mean the notes? If you want to do that do what damnableman said right above.
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby shikawkee » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:11 pm

cherler wrote:I'm pretty sure everything gets deleted if you start a new recording with the pedal off. So stop with the right switch, and then just start recording with the left and the old stuff gets deleted right there. Unless you mean the notes? If you want to do that do what damnableman said right above.

I dunno', I've started a few new recordings and the old loop is still there. :idk:
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cherler » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:14 pm

Huh, weird. Is feedback on maybe?
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby shikawkee » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:18 pm

cherler wrote:Huh, weird. Is feedback on maybe?

I'll check tomorrow. I've had it off and on here and there while playing with it.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Zpro18 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:41 am

damnableman wrote:
Zpro18 wrote:I just go one of these the 2017 model. I'm trying to follow along with the tutorial but im having issues resetting it. I hold the uni switch down and click the feedback 2 but when I get to the step about turning the gain down on the loop the loop continues to play. Was wondering if anyone else had this issue

When (UNI) is held down and (FBK) clicked twice, all settings reset.
N1/BAR plays as if a recording had just been made using R=B.
So it doesn't reset the loop, it silences and resets N2/N3, and resets N1 to a single copy of the loop playing at the original pitch.

Hey thanks for clearing that up but it doesn't seem to reset anything at all. All the samples of the loop come back when I turn up the gain. Also even when I record a new loop it continues with the same parameters despite having tried to reset it. Only when I unplug the pedal and turn it back on does it reset. I'm also trying to figure out how to change from n1/n2/n3. Lets say I sample part of the loop and like how its sounding, if I switch between n1/n2 for example the n1 parameters should continue to play as is right? When I switch around there doesn't seem to be any changes in what I am editing. I continue to edit the same thing without being able to save it and move on to the next note. Let me know if you have any suggestions or thoughts it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Zpro18

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby shikawkee » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:49 am

Zpro18 wrote:
damnableman wrote:

When (UNI) is held down and (FBK) clicked twice, all settings reset.
N1/BAR plays as if a recording had just been made using R=B.
So it doesn't reset the loop, it silences and resets N2/N3, and resets N1 to a single copy of the loop playing at the original pitch.

Hey thanks for clearing that up but it doesn't seem to reset anything at all. All the samples of the loop come back when I turn up the gain. Also even when I record a new loop it continues with the same parameters despite having tried to reset it. Only when I unplug the pedal and turn it back on does it reset. I'm also trying to figure out how to change from n1/n2/n3. Lets say I sample part of the loop and like how its sounding, if I switch between n1/n2 for example the n1 parameters should continue to play as is right? When I switch around there doesn't seem to be any changes in what I am editing. I continue to edit the same thing without being able to save it and move on to the next note. Let me know if you have any suggestions or thoughts it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Same for me even with feedback off.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:19 pm

Zpro18 wrote: Only when I unplug the pedal and turn it back on does it reset. I'm also trying to figure out how to change from n1/n2/n3. Lets say I sample part of the loop and like how its sounding, if I switch between n1/n2 for example the n1 parameters should continue to play as is right? When I switch around there doesn't seem to be any changes in what I am editing. I continue to edit the same thing without being able to save it and move on to the next note. Let me know if you have any suggestions or thoughts it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Yeah, an old-school pull-the-plug is how I wipe the loop, not sure there’s any other way.

And yeah, n1 should stay when you’re editing n2 and n3. Make sure the gain is down on the notes/loops you don’t want to edit. Sorry if that’s obvious, but this pedal has zero margin for error, things (d)evolve quickly. That’s the best/worst thing about it. IMO;YMMV;YOLO :hobbes:

As for saving, the presets allow you to get settings back, not sound. And I’ve learned the hard way that the 856 is a lot like life, once you fuck it, you can’t unfuck it. If you have access to a midi controller, it’s very helpful to be able to jump between parameters without having to use the knob/switch interface. Doesn’t make the pedal plug (and plug) and play, but it makes it easier to see/hear what’s happening.

Most humbling piece of gear I’ve ever had. By 1.61km.
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby Zpro18 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:03 pm

Lol so is there a solution to this? If your saying that n1/n2/n3 should all be staying on there respective settings when you toggle between them am I missing something? Or is my pedal messed up? because when I switch between them I am definitely still editing the same sample.
Zpro18

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby bacegchsbis » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:32 pm

Maybe make a video so we can try to help troubleshoot? It’s hard with the 856 to talk through these things.

(Someone please correct me if I’m wrong here because I’m still learning too.)

So if you record a sample and all parameters are reset, it should play back just as you recorded it on N1. N2/N3 should be silent unless you turn up the gain. So switch to N2 and turn up the gain and change the pitch to an octave up. Now you have N1 playing the original sample and N2 playing it an octave up. Hold UNI and click FBK twice and N2 should be silent and N1 will still be playing as it was before.

If you want to record another loop entirely, bypass the pedal with the right footswitch and record another sample by pressing the left footswitch which should wipe out the first.

Writing this at work without the pedal in front of me so I apologize in advance for any potential misinformation!
bacegchsbis

involved
involved

PreviousNext

Return to Montreal Assembly