Count To Five

Moderator: multi_s

Re: Count To Five

Postby jrfox92 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:35 pm

multi_s wrote:count to five still only the 19th most popular delay on reverb :cry:

>New Price: $315

Somebody needs to straighten them the fuck out.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby thesneakup » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:24 pm

fuzzisokiguess wrote:guys with granite countertops

That guy. I've written messages in varying tones of disgust to him and a few others asking them to justify their gross price inflations. "The free market," etc., etc. – Yeah, have at it. But when the numbers reach multiples of a pedal's original price – a pedal that won't be "RARE!" and "SOLD OUT!" when more are made, which they will be – it just gets ridiculous and sucks the fun out of the gear trade. Waiting for chumps with more money than sense and/or low impulse control to stumble upon your Reverb ad isn't a good investment strategy – it's weak and shameful. You did nothing to "earn" your profit besides press a few keys faster than someone else. I'm sure some of those guys are here, and I hope you have to eat those pedals part by part before you sell them.

Release the new batch, Scott, and bring those jerks back to reality. Any hint as to the date?
thesneakup

interested
interested

Postby jrfox92 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:28 pm

thesneakup wrote:Any hint as to the date?

:lol:
There's your TL:DR.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mathias » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:31 pm

Step 1: rebox cheap behringer effects in powder coated enclosure
Step 2: call it "Count to Six, a TGP exclusive"
Step 3: announce there will only be a super limited run of these
Step 4: sell hundreds of them at inflated prices.

:dance:
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby thesneakup » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:52 pm

jrfox92 wrote:

Hey, I need a quick five bills. Cover blown.
thesneakup

interested
interested

Postby LudicrouSpeed » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:15 am

Maybe the new update will boost you to no.1. just saying ;)

Man, I love my ct5. I play 3 to 4 sets everyday on a 4,000 guest cruise ship, and it features in atleast half my songs. I have learned to get quite a few different sounds out of the old girl. My latest is mode 1, tiny buffer, free quantization, set to close to unity, max feedback, use it as a riser, or to get crazy spaceship sounds.
LudicrouSpeed

involved
involved

Postby mathias » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:32 am

LudicrouSpeed, if you ever make a demo video of all he ways you're using your Ct5, I'd love to hear it! :thumb:

mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LudicrouSpeed » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:45 am

Hey Mathias! I guess my post sounds like I think I've found something that others have not in the ct5, but I just see it as a personal best kinda thing, but that's actually a good idea, it would be fun to make such a video.
LudicrouSpeed

involved
involved

Postby multi_s » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:02 pm

thesneakup wrote:
jrfox92 wrote:

Hey, I need a quick five bills. Cover blown.

They should be up by MOnday or sooner.

and just fwiw in response to your more previous post, the last ct5 run was in the store for ~6 weeks (which is typical) so i don't think you can really blame people with fast fingers ;). however we usually have some every 3-4 months ish and haven't sold any for more like 6-7 months now, so who knows.

LudicrouSpeed wrote:
Man, I love my ct5. I play 3 to 4 sets everyday on a 4,000 guest cruise ship, and it features in atleast half my songs. I have learned to get quite a few different sounds out of the old girl. My latest is mode 1, tiny buffer, free quantization, set to close to unity, max feedback, use it as a riser, or to get crazy spaceship sounds.

i love this setting too. just slightly out of tune.

s
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby thesneakup » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:16 am

multi_s wrote:They should be up by Monday or sooner.

and just fwiw in response to your more previous post, the last ct5 run was in the store for ~6 weeks (which is typical) so i don't think you can really blame people with fast fingers ;). however we usually have some every 3-4 months ish and haven't sold any for more like 6-7 months now, so who knows.

Thanks for responding. Glad that my post wasn't TL for you to R.

I'll be buying one of the new CT5s, and I'm eager to hear what this version has under the hood. I sold my rev J some time ago; I wanted the capabilities of an updatable later revision but just missed the last Ls and wasn't about to buy a secondhand one for more than its new price. I priced my J lower than what I paid for it (because it was a used pedal and not completely as capable as newer models – heroic, I know), and the guy who bought it put it back up for sale on the day he received it for $150 more. At least my karma is intact.

As for who deserves blame for price inflation, you're right: the physiological link between dexterous digits and unconscionable greed has yet to be proven. But you've seen a quick sell-out and subsequent secondhand hike yourself with the 856. I had similar situations in mind: Spaceman pedals, numbered like art pieces, compulsively gobbled up regardless of what they are; Outwards resold on the day of delivery for double their new price; a Pretty Years recently listed for $900 (from Sweden, of all places. Can't always blame another board). In any case, builders seem to take such mania nonchalantly,* which, despite my own fussing, seems to be the best response. Disregard it out of existence.

*except Spaceman, who orchestrate and stoke the hype in ways that stretch what I think of as "clever marketing" and apparently base their increasing prices on it – a separate (though parallel) issue, and one I won't pursue in another builder's subforum, but I thought the distinction should be made.
thesneakup

interested
interested

Postby mathias » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:50 am

Out of curiosity, how many Count to 5s have been sold?

mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DRodriguez » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:56 am

I've had 3 over the years. At least that many.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:50 am

thesneakup wrote:
multi_s wrote:They should be up by Monday or sooner.

Thanks for responding. Glad that my post wasn't TL for you to R.

I'll be buying one of the new CT5s, and I'm eager to hear what this version has under the hood. I sold my rev J some time ago; I wanted the capabilities of an updatable later revision but just missed the last Ls and wasn't about to buy a secondhand one for more than its new price. I priced my J lower than what I paid for it (because it was a used pedal and not completely as capable as newer models – heroic, I know), and the guy who bought it put it back up for sale on the day he received it for $150 more. At least my karma is intact.

As for who deserves blame for price inflation, you're right: the physiological link between dexterous digits and unconscionable greed has yet to be proven. But you've seen a quick sell-out and subsequent secondhand hike yourself with the 856. I had similar situations in mind: Spaceman pedals, numbered like art pieces, compulsively gobbled up regardless of what they are; Outwards resold on the day of delivery for double their new price; a Pretty Years recently listed for $900 (from Sweden, of all places. Can't always blame another board). In any case, builders seem to take such mania nonchalantly,* which, despite my own fussing, seems to be the best response. Disregard it out of existence.

*except Spaceman, who orchestrate and stoke the hype in ways that stretch what I think of as "clever marketing" and apparently base their increasing prices on it – a separate (though parallel) issue, and one I won't pursue in another builder's subforum, but I thought the distinction should be made.

It's all good, i don;t mind hearing what people have to say but what would you suggest as solution? it seems raising the price is business 101 here supply/demand but then it seems like you don;t enjoy that either based on the spaceman comment :). Originally this is part of why they went form iirc 225 to 250 a ways back but in the end it did not slow sales at all so maybe we should have moved it higher ....

mathias wrote:Out of curiosity, how many Count to 5s have been sold?

somewhere in between 3 and 100,000.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby mathias » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:20 am

Fair enough! I just know that I'm seeing them all over Instagram and not just on ILfer boards and pedal review YouTube channels, and that is a really good thing!

mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:13 pm

multi_s wrote:It's all good, i don;t mind hearing what people have to say but what would you suggest as solution? it seems raising the price is business 101 here supply/demand but then it seems like you don;t enjoy that either based on the spaceman comment :). Originally this is part of why they went form iirc 225 to 250 a ways back but in the end it did not slow sales at all so maybe we should have moved it higher ....

You could take to conducting telephone interviews (à la Klon) to determine if applicants are "well qualified" (or perhaps in this case "well quantized") to own this pedal. :idk:

multi_s wrote:
mathias wrote:Out of curiosity, how many Count to 5s have been sold?

somewhere in between 3 and 100,000.

I can count to 5,000. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

PreviousNext

Return to Montreal Assembly