Count To Five

Moderator: multi_s

Re: Count To Five

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:10 am

Ok but what about a GB24 1.0 anniversary edition with literally none of the improvements that I can buy tomorrow?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:23 am

I accidentally ordered two with triangle enclosures. If anyone is desperate and doesn't want to wait until July, let me know.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:33 pm

Yikes...Welcome to the world of crushed dreams. It’s part of being a pedal nerd...and getting to check out cool sh.t. Sometimes you get really lucky and get stuff on the first try, other times you literally get stuff yanked out of your PayPal basket between hitting complete transaction and the reload page. And yet other times, the dreaded negative stock. It happens. It sucks. Let it go. The inventory is literally not available to send to you. We know there will be another batch, we know it might be soon it might not be soon but it’s coming (and this batch was right on time). The past few Montreal assembly releases have literally had hundreds of units compared to the comical tens that most builders seem to release to crashed internets. And with the refund you might get lucky and find someone who got an extra triangle that you can buy now vs waiting...?
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Phuzzy856 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:46 pm

I haven't been able to have much time with my new/old Ct5, so, this evening I proceed to try and get it under my belt.

JUST TO BE CLEAR: there are no other 'secondary' functions on the pre-Nightly Ct5 other than the ones listed on the 'Handy' Guide? ...meaning, there's really NO secondary functions for Mode2 (other than regular Quantization)...correct?

I have let both Zellersasn and Ct5 languish for a whole week straight because I'm too exhausted from work to do proper studying and research... sigh... hopefully we'll rectify that tonight...
Phuzzy856

interested
interested

Postby cosmicevan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:32 pm

Phuzzy856 wrote:I haven't been able to have much time with my new/old Ct5, so, this evening I proceed to try and get it under my belt.

JUST TO BE CLEAR: there are no other 'secondary' functions on the pre-Nightly Ct5 other than the ones listed on the 'Handy' Guide? ...meaning, there's really NO secondary functions for Mode2 (other than regular Quantization)...correct?

I have let both Zellersasn and Ct5 languish for a whole week straight because I'm too exhausted from work to do proper studying and research... sigh... hopefully we'll rectify that tonight...

Deep breath...plug in, twiddle some knobs...then play...and have fun!!! Don't pressure yourself or this will lose it's fun. I'm really loving the new Ct5 firmware, but most of the time I just twiddle some knobs and get lost in a setting...I haven't really digested how it works other than I really like it.

Also, on the previous firmware, there wasn't a way to capture your sample/loop in mode 1 like there is in the Nightly firmware? Did I miss this functionality on the previous firmware?
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:04 am

if you just hold the soft footswitch down, it will keep recycling the buffer.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dowi » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:34 am

Lately I ve been using the CT5 a lot as pseudo-standard looper (I and then modify the recorded loop etc), and my main problem with it used for precise looping instead of random noodling came back.. The fact that i have to hold down the switch for the entire recording time and then lift it when the Loop is done never lets me loop the exact time I want.
It's always a tiny-little-bit too soon or too late, but it annoys me a lot.
I wish there was a way to set that switch as a standard looper with a first press to start recording and a second press to stop recording and start playback.

To be clear, I still love it as I did in the past years, but it would be a big improvement for live performance IMO.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:07 am

The bypass footswitch on the new anniversary is a lot nicer than the one on my old blue 2016. Is that new for this edition or have you been using those for a while? Much quieter, I appreciate it.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:10 am

Nah, I updated my CT5 a couple years back because I had the one without the quantize switch, and I had the previous one since 2015 or 2016 I think. It's just that I m not comfortable with lifting my foot on time, but that's probably just me being goofy.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Phuzzy856 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:26 am

I had set up Mode1 with all the secondaries manipulated, but when I turned everything off and came back today and turned everything back on, did all my settings go away? It just didn't sound like I had set it the night before. So, does Ct5 lose its memory, so to speak, when turned off?
Phuzzy856

interested
interested

Postby cosmicevan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:13 am

Phuzzy856 wrote:I had set up Mode1 with all the secondaries manipulated, but when I turned everything off and came back today and turned everything back on, did all my settings go away? It just didn't sound like I had set it the night before. So, does Ct5 lose its memory, so to speak, when turned off?

Yes. Power down/up resets everything on the Count to 5 in my experience.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Phuzzy856 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:07 pm

cosmicevan wrote:
Phuzzy856 wrote:I had set up Mode1 with all the secondaries manipulated, but when I turned everything off and came back today and turned everything back on, did all my settings go away? It just didn't sound like I had set it the night before. So, does Ct5 lose its memory, so to speak, when turned off?

Yes. Power down/up resets everything on the Count to 5 in my experience.

uhhhh.... sigh
THAT I wasn't ready for! :animal:

back to the drawing board!!!... I haven't EVEN broached Mode3 yet, will have to figure out how to utilize this with Zellersasn... how many 'lines' IS that? 6-7... lol, I could Pitch a rainbow!!! ok, off to Mode3...
Phuzzy856

interested
interested

Postby goroth » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:59 am

D.o.S. wrote:Ok but what about a GB24 1.0 anniversary edition with literally none of the improvements that I can buy tomorrow?

SCOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT

This is the best idea and you know it.
Lofi as fuck.
Just like the first run.
(but with quantisation hidden somewhere. But don't tell DoS or he will fight you)
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Inconuucl » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:04 pm

goroth wrote:
D.o.S. wrote:Ok but what about a GB24 1.0 anniversary edition with literally none of the improvements that I can buy tomorrow?

SCOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT

This is the best idea and you know it.
Lofi as fuck.
Just like the first run.
(but with quantisation hidden somewhere. But don't tell DoS or he will fight you)

Oh do tell him, and then put in on ppv. :snax:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Phuzzy856 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:46 pm

Spent the night in Mode2 (regular Ct5) for the first time.

So, this is a 'foot-action' pedal here. Is this what you would technically call a 'Freeze' pedal, right? So, if Mode2 is all Ct5 offered, it might be comparable to Raptio or MiniGlitch?

If I seems hesitant, silly, or ignorant, it's just that I want to make SURE I'm 'getting it all' and not missing anything. There really is a lot of Mysterium surrounding this pedal, and I just don't do 'can't figure it out'.

Ct5 CAN be pretty simple if you JUST use it as a 'normal' guitar pedal, and don't do any on-the-fly tweaking... agree? At least in Mode2, with no real secondary features, except for XPedalOut (which I am working up to... yes, I AM playing real conservative here just so I absorb everything). The 4sec vs 8sec of course opens up the Time (TranscendenceMode), but I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE EXACT MILLISECOND TIME OF THE 'QUICK CAPTURE'.

How QUICK is Ct5, in milliseconds? I know with my EHX Hazarai, you have to hold the Capture for 1 whole second. With Ct5 I'm guessing between 80-120ms? (same with Zellersasn?) I do understand that you can set the 'LEN S' faster (apparently) than the actual softswitch, so, if you Capture something 'as quick as possible' (but it can't be nano-quick or Ct5 WON'T process- hence my question about exact milliseconds), and set your 'LEN S' very very fast/quick, then you get the 'impression' of a quicker-than-what-you-captured occurrence.

Does my inquiry/head-scratching make sense what I'm questing about?
Phuzzy856

interested
interested

PreviousNext

Return to Montreal Assembly