Count To Five

Moderator: multi_s

Re: Count To Five

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:59 am

Citizen3rased wrote:Thanks for the reply, Scott!

Also, not that I need to explain myself, but if you guys think that buying with the sole intent of flipping is the same as getting an offer you can't refuse more than a year after the purchase, well... :erm:

A whole year. That's a long time.
NSFW: show
for easy reference:

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
damnableman wrote:If you want to program it and build it and then sell it to me at a cost that in no way reflects the volume of labor you had to put into it, I'm in.
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sweatshopmillionaire » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:05 am

So, most of my gear discussion has happened on Facebook, and since I'm kicking it for the most part, I'd like to still be involved somewhere. Anyway, I'm Justin - hey, guys.

Rather than dig through pages of this forum I thought I'd ask a few questions:
1. How often has/does the ct5 come out?
2. Does the release rely heavily on firmware updates, or simply because it's a small operation? People who own one tell me there have been many updates/versions.
3. Is there something we can do about price gouging? I'm in love with this pedal and have tried it. Endless possibilities, but I'd rather wait and get it direct from M.A. than feed someone's greed.
4. Aside from this incredible pedal, and no offense to you, Scott, if this isn't allowed... what pedals out there are of a similar nature? I've looked at Bananana Effects' stuff, Dwarfcraft's Wizard of Pitch, Catalinbread's Csidman, Red Panda's Particle, but are there any others that have similar effects? I intend to own a ct5 regardless of anything else I pick up, I might add.
sweatshopmillionaire

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby DRodriguez » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:59 am

sweatshopmillionaire wrote:So, most of my gear discussion has happened on Facebook, and since I'm kicking it for the most part, I'd like to still be involved somewhere. Anyway, I'm Justin - hey, guys.

Rather than dig through pages of this forum I thought I'd ask a few questions:
1. How often has/does the ct5 come out?
2. Does the release rely heavily on firmware updates, or simply because it's a small operation? People who own one tell me there have been many updates/versions.
3. Is there something we can do about price gouging? I'm in love with this pedal and have tried it. Endless possibilities, but I'd rather wait and get it direct from M.A. than feed someone's greed.
4. Aside from this incredible pedal, and no offense to you, Scott, if this isn't allowed... what pedals out there are of a similar nature? I've looked at Bananana Effects' stuff, Dwarfcraft's Wizard of Pitch, Catalinbread's Csidman, Red Panda's Particle, but are there any others that have similar effects? I intend to own a ct5 regardless of anything else I pick up, I might add.

1. A few times a year there are releases of a couple hundred I believe (no official stats, just a guesstimate) Best way to find out about the next one is via the email list on the website. There is another run coming soon. My guess would be the last of the calendar year

2.There have been several updates. Just adding extra features. There firmware updates do not happen with each batch though. Ct5's are easily identifiable by the model revision on the inside. H/I/J revisions are stuck at firmware version 0.931. The K/L revisions can be updated to the latest 0.963. They are super easy to update as long as you have a windows or mac computer and the usb cable. Linux would be easy too but there is no easy script for it built.

3. Not really. If everyone stops buying them second hand and eventually they'll stop. Not going to happen.

4. There are various other pedals that do similar things to one of the modes or others, particularly mode 1. None that I've found do the exact same thing, much less do all three. I don't know of another pedal out there that does the mode 3.
DRodriguez

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Inconuucl » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:25 pm

A lot of pedals do 1, it's just a pitched delay. 2 You have to use a Zellerasn, MASF Possessed, or some overpriced white whale pedal (Autonautilus anyone?)...I guess a PC/iPad can also get you there with some of the plug ins(Replicant 2 and iDensity in fx mode come to mind). I don't think anything does what 3 does without having to hook multiple things up.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jesus Was a Robot » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:04 pm

Re-price gouging. Just make low ball overs on Reverb to annoy the sellers. That's what I do.
"My boner"

-Jwar

"You may caress my harem of large velvety hammers any time".

- The Velvet Hammer

"#I'mwithJwar"

-D.O.S.

"Also this thread is now on page 2399, and the pt2399 is the most used delay chip for most dirty delays. Coincidence? therefore 9/11".

-multi_s
Jesus Was a Robot

Supporter
Supporter

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:32 am

4. Nemesis and pitchfactor get pretty close.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Re-price gouging. Just make low ball overs on Reverb to annoy the sellers. That's what I do.

MASF watafuzz
#MindGames
nieh wrote:I heard if you stand in front of a mirror and say purple three times Chankgeez appears behind you.

iRerror:
http://irerror.bandcamp.com
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:51 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:4. Nemesis and pitchfactor get pretty close.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Re-price gouging. Just make low ball overs on Reverb to annoy the sellers. That's what I do.

MASF watafuzz

Pretty sure I offered Jwar 9 bucks for that, IIRC.
:lol:
oldangelmidnight wrote:If you've got joysticks on board, you don't need to justify your power supply to us.

My band /// Instagram ///Facebook ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Jonny5bass » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:39 am

Should've made it $22.
Jonny5bass

interested
interested

Postby goroth » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:28 am

The offer was made in the days before all jokes costed 22 dollars.
oldangelmidnight wrote:If you've got joysticks on board, you don't need to justify your power supply to us.

My band /// Instagram ///Facebook ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Previous

Return to Montreal Assembly