Count To Five

Moderator: multi_s

Re: Count To Five

Postby Cortex » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:17 am

What can one do with 8s that cannot be done with 4...
I am fine with 4 I was just curious. Admittedly the pedal is confusing so it's natural to ask questions. And I think that it's perfect the way it is.
Cortex

involved
involved

Postby sitarman » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:36 am

Cortex wrote:I am fine with 4 I was just curious. Admittedly the pedal is confusing so it's natural to ask questions. And I think that it's perfect the way it is.

I agree with you. I like it just the way it is. I am just trying to get the max out of it and know all the options and limitations. After one week I think the pedal is not confusing at all. It just takes some time to really understand what's going on. But that's the beauty of it.
sitarman

involved
involved

Postby Cortex » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:35 pm

I obviously did not buy it for the standard delay sounds but as time passed I realized that I actually like it for the straight digital delay more than any other pedal ever. It's just so convincing and cuts through anything, I played it in rehearsals and it totally slayed through distortion, drums, cymbals, everything, it just cuts like crazy.

That is why I made this little thingy for it - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B--6F_ ... sp=sharing

So I can have tails and use it as a normal delay and go through the different exp values via footswitches, and when I put it on my looping board then yeah, I use it as a looping/stuttering/crazy tool like everybody else.
Cortex

involved
involved

Postby tremulant » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:58 pm

Cortex wrote:
That is why I made this little thingy for it - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B--6F_ ... sp=sharing

What in the actual fuck. Can you make a video of that thing in action?
hotdirt

REFS
NSFW: show
HC [15+]ILF[dminner, indianDYsummer, Inconuucl, jrmy, jwar, oldangelmidnight, skip, Somnambulance, zeravla, Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! ]TGP [brioche, fellsilver, Galapogos17, LorClev1089, mvtonemaster, papersun, parkerbro, pedalsweat, samhambone, Tattoedsailor, teestone]TB [Darkrising, fightthepower]
tremulant

committed
committed

Postby Cortex » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:12 am

tremulant wrote:
Cortex wrote:

What in the actual fuck. Can you make a video of that thing in action?

I will soon, yes. This is perhaps a better picture - https://scontent.fbeg2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... 6462_o.jpg
It looks way smarter than it is, I've combined a 2 channel mixing circuit that has low pass and high pass filters on it with the expression pedal funcionality for the CT5. So, the CT5 is mixed with the clean signal here and I am having the mix control on the CT5 to a 100% wet. The Send A Kill switch kills the send portion of the signal to the A channel (CT5) so essentially by doing that it will trail off naturally. The 3 upper pots are expression pedal settings, and they all do the same thing, like 3 presets if you will, so I can go from standard delay to reverse octave to forward 5th up all by standing up and playing with the band. Obviously this is just an example, I basically have 3 exp presets to use with whatever is selected as controlled by the exp pedal on the CT5. The middle switch on the controller takes me back to the home exp preset regardless of what is selected on the low/high exp switch (that switch toggles between two exp presets right).
I'll try to get a demo up soon. Nothing mega smart in this of course, but it's very handy and, at least for me, it has enabled me to use it as a standard delay with tails and also be able to quickly fuck up the pitch of the repeats for very pronounced pitch jumps and whatnot - it definitely makes heads turn. I like to have the feedback very high and just leave it trailing off and while it's trailing off I then press the footswitches and change the pitch.
Cortex

involved
involved

Postby vidret » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:20 am

voerking wrote:i feel like a lot of people are trying to make the CT5 what they want it to be instead of embracing what it is & enjoying its idiosyncrasies.

(this is not directed at anyone in particular, just an observation after reading 100 pages "what if it did this?" / "can you make it do this?" /etc...etc...)

carry on. :thumb:

just gotta say that i think it's because it inspires ideas, and nothing comes closer than this so far.

it's hard looking at a regular delay pedal, saying, "man if it could just freeze the echoes in a reverse octave up when i pressed the secondary button", but the ct5 is actually able to do that.

it's creative as fuck, and it inspires creative ideas, and sometimes a thought just gets stuck in your head.

btw being able to change volume levels on mode3 is awesome. i might've already said it. totally awesome.
vidret

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:26 pm

vidret wrote:just gotta say that i think it's because it inspires ideas, and nothing comes closer than this so far.

it's hard looking at a regular delay pedal, saying, "man if it could just freeze the echoes in a reverse octave up when i pressed the secondary button", but the ct5 is actually able to do that.

it's creative as fuck, and it inspires creative ideas, and sometimes a thought just gets stuck in your head.

btw being able to change volume levels on mode3 is awesome. i might've already said it. totally awesome.

finally on a train back to mtl now...

I will add even more features soon... just finalizing what to add.

also some people asked about how to add an additional jack for remote footswitches. this way you can tape teh pedal to your guitar/table but still use a footswitch to record etc. im not offering this mod really but i will post the info on how to do it, quite straightforward

Cortex wrote:

So I can have tails and use it as a normal delay and go through the different exp values via footswitches, and when I put it on my looping board then yeah, I use it as a looping/stuttering/crazy tool like everybody else.

looks great!
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ogguitar » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:59 pm

multi_s wrote: I will add even more features soon... just finalizing what to add.

:joy:

:omg:

:!!!:

:hug:
ogguitar

involved
involved

Postby zoooombiex » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:22 pm

multi_s wrote:I will add even more features soon... just finalizing what to add.

wow, hard to imagine what else you can pack in there.

man, I hate to beg, but a timestretch option (tempo-change-only on dir 1) would be incredible.

on further thought, I don't mind begging at all if that's what it takes
zoooombiex

Fantasian of BILF
Fantasian of BILF

Postby Dandolin » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:32 pm

zoooombiex wrote:timestretch

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
On an other board, in another time:
"I also have a Fat Goat HB/P90 on my bastardized f-hollowed V, which is made of God-knows what kind of wood and of how many pieces. That guitar sounded OK when I installed one Shlabotnik pup on it; it actually became alive, very soaring; but I ended up preferring the Fat Goat, which gives me a darker, more "barking" tone as well as more "CHANK" and (maybe) better dynamics when played clean."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:38 pm

zoooombiex wrote:
multi_s wrote:I will add even more features soon... just finalizing what to add.

wow, hard to imagine what else you can pack in there.

man, I hate to beg, but a timestretch option (tempo-change-only on dir 1) would be incredible.

on further thought, I don't mind begging at all if that's what it takes

That's a lot easier said than done.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby multi_s » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:36 pm

time stretch is not that bad to implement but it is on the 856 already so too bad (maybe?) for ct5. i just wanted to add a bit more nuance to the algorithms, but hey basically stay as they are.

im trying to put a trigger though in mode 1 as was suggested up, then you can set the trigger sensitivity level/also some modulation in mode 1.

mode 3 i just tried to add a primitive/random step sequencer to the DIR knobs.

so far that is all.

s
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ogguitar » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:54 pm

multi_s wrote:im trying to put a trigger though in mode 1 as was suggested up, then you can set the trigger sensitivity level/also some modulation in mode 1.

Oh heavens... that sounds brilliant. It already sounds like there's some pseudo synth/sequencing stuff going on at a couple different settings. I can only imagine what will happen with dynamic triggered pitch glitches and sequenced loops :drool:
ogguitar

involved
involved

Postby Dandolin » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:16 am

multi_s wrote:time stretch is not that bad to implement but it is on the 856 already

Oh shi. 856 GAS rising.... :yay:
On an other board, in another time:
"I also have a Fat Goat HB/P90 on my bastardized f-hollowed V, which is made of God-knows what kind of wood and of how many pieces. That guitar sounded OK when I installed one Shlabotnik pup on it; it actually became alive, very soaring; but I ended up preferring the Fat Goat, which gives me a darker, more "barking" tone as well as more "CHANK" and (maybe) better dynamics when played clean."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby zoooombiex » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:20 am

multi_s wrote:time stretch is not that bad to implement but it is on the 856 already so too bad (maybe?) for ct5. i just wanted to add a bit more nuance to the algorithms, but hey basically stay as they are.

im trying to put a trigger though in mode 1 as was suggested up, then you can set the trigger sensitivity level/also some modulation in mode 1.

so far that is all.

s

wow - those sound like some great additions!
zoooombiex

Fantasian of BILF
Fantasian of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to Montreal Assembly