<< mtl.asm >>

Moderator: multi_s

Re: << mtl.asm >>

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:25 pm

Right on, thanks, yeah, didn't want to appear to be rep'n for anyone. Was seriously close to going with the FT (liked the drone and momnt built in), but went with Broughton based on some positive reviews and the quality of his other stuff, seemed like a safe bet- quick, painless, build quality is great, sounds insane and great. Have everything to build out drone and momentary pedals but haven't dug in yet.
DRodriguez wrote:Imma build a disc delay based on a stationary bike, the faster you pedal, the faster the delay.

Bike backwards and you get a reverse delay.
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:43 pm

Obviously, you're going to have to get both and compare them.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:55 pm

Yep, that's the way it looks. Absolutely floored by the 856- been reading up, watching demos, waiting for the next round to appear when all of a sudden a mtl-asm pll appears like some sort of pedal fever dream...
DRodriguez wrote:Imma build a disc delay based on a stationary bike, the faster you pedal, the faster the delay.

fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby elevenstrings » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:31 pm

fuzzisokiguess wrote:waiting for the next round to appear when all of a sudden a mtl-asm pll appears like some sort of pedal fever dream...

Just like those pokemans
elevenstrings

experienced
experienced

Postby multi_s » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:37 am

fuzzisokiguess wrote:Right on, thanks, yeah, didn't want to appear to be rep'n for anyone. Was seriously close to going with the FT (liked the drone and momnt built in), but went with Broughton based on some positive reviews and the quality of his other stuff, seemed like a safe bet- quick, painless, build quality is great, sounds insane and great. Have everything to build out drone and momentary pedals but haven't dug in yet.

ya i have never had/built a straight up schuman clone but the sound is probably similar since they both make square wave phasey land sounds using similar ics etc. this one a has a bit of an EQ which can change it a bit but it is still a square wave fuzz type sound for sure. i've also heard good stuff about broughton and grew up in Toronto actually so im pretty interested in getting my hands on something one day, get that Can Con love on. please don;t worry about "rep'n" etc, free speech is a good thing..... etc. it seems i can delete posts if i want now in this sub forum anyways "lel".

welcome to the forum

https://goo.gl/photos/zGV8X652LEd81bBj7

Last edited by multi_s on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby worra » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:05 am

:drool: That looks awesome.
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Garciabros » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:31 am

Can't see this for some reason ^^^€
Garciabros

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby LudicrouSpeed » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:35 am

Me eithers.. Mobile or desktop.
LudicrouSpeed

involved
involved

Postby LudicrouSpeed » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:36 am

Don't delete me Scott!

:p
LudicrouSpeed

involved
involved

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:38 am

Just a street-sign "nope" is all i can see.

Thanks for the welcome, all, and Scott, really incredible pedals- you're in a Dylan mid-60s zone of creativity/production right now- you've cracked the code (coded the crack??)

Really intrigued by the single tracking knob (and the LFO... and the CV... and the tone controls...). Scott mentioned in a previous post about redundant controls on the pll, and that is exactly right- between lagtime, response, and loop track and the loop speed switch, there is a ton of knobs to twiddle, but lots of the taper available is unusable/beyond insane. Fun? Sure. But improved tracking would be a huge improvement for this circuit.

fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby multi_s » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:30 am

Garciabros wrote:Can't see this for some reason ^^^€

ok now can you see it?

fuzzisokiguess wrote:Just a street-sign "nope" is all i can see.

Thanks for the welcome, all, and Scott, really incredible pedals- you're in a Dylan mid-60s zone of creativity/production right now- you've cracked the code (coded the crack??)

Really intrigued by the single tracking knob (and the LFO... and the CV... and the tone controls...). Scott mentioned in a previous post about redundant controls on the pll, and that is exactly right- between lagtime, response, and loop track and the loop speed switch, there is a ton of knobs to twiddle, but lots of the taper available is unusable/beyond insane. Fun? Sure. But improved tracking would be a huge improvement for this circuit.

Yes for the tracking the trigger switch can add a filter which basically makes the tracking either"classic" and "somewhat improved" i would say. I will post some more demos soon with guitar and then you can decide if it is really that improved ;). The tracking knob is like the stability of the tracking and the switch is like the loopspeed switch on the original. The trigger knob is like he gain or trigger level knob on teh original more or less.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby yeatsvisitslincoln » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:32 pm

A PLL by design is supposed to track really well, no? In typical applications they're meant to be used as references, so my understanding was that part of the point of a PLL in audio was to have "loose" tracking so that you get that phasing effect.
yeatsvisitslincoln

committed
committed

Postby multi_s » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:42 pm

ya i mean the pll always tracks the "input signal", but you want to try to get the guitar signal (rich in harmonics) to a more or less periodic square wave, which if you just crank the gain say, it won;t be. so by tracking/not tracking thats more what i refer to. it always tracks (locks onto) something, it's more a question of whether or not the input signal is appropriate. "phase lock" so for a rich input spectrum , what is the meaning of phase etc...
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:34 pm

multi_s: "ok now can you see it?"

Got it- nice and purplly

fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby Antlerface » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:37 pm

Still not seeing, but a buddy linked me one and it looks amazing.

Any word on when they'll be about to be released??
Antlerface

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to Montreal Assembly