Count To Five

Moderator: multi_s

Re: Count To Five

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:33 pm

:thumb: Yeah, this's a long thread. I remembered Scott saying something about that so I went back and looked.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby oldangelmidnight » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:33 pm

You could also try a Korg SQ-1 and use the 2v limit.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hotfat » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:59 pm

I went through this a little bit already. In my experience, the CT5 just ignores CV greater than 3.3vdc up to 5vdc. A simple resistive voltage divider suggested by Scott worked great to force the range of 0 to +5vdc to a max of +3.3vdc. Scott, I hope you don't mind me quoting here …

"One way to do it would be to have a CV from your synth going to a TRS cable, with the voltage on the Tip and the Ground on the Sleeve. Leave the ring disconnected. This *should* work ok as long as the input is 0-5V BUT the pedal will only respond to 0-3V, and at 3V it will just stay at "max" even if the CV passes this voltage.

SO the absolute best way to do it, and definitely waht i would recomend, would be to get 2 resistors wit ha 2:3 ratio,like 220k and 330k say (very common values) and use it as a voltage divider from your 0-5V out to scale it to 0-3, then plug that into the TRS as described in the previous paragraph and everything should be good, and it will respond to the full 0-5v scale, because you actually just shrank it to 0-3V. You could probably cram the 2 resistors into the shell of the TRS and just have one slick magic cable "
hotfat

interested
interested

Postby stelpa » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:54 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:You could also try a Korg SQ-1 and use the 2v limit.

But that'd cut off the top 1.3 volts :( Wish they just implemented a 3.3v mode! I'd been planning on getting a sq-1 also but it'd be kinda lame to not have full range.

hotfat wrote:I went through this a little bit already. In my experience, the CT5 just ignores CV greater than 3.3vdc up to 5vdc. A simple resistive voltage divider suggested by Scott worked great to force the range of 0 to +5vdc to a max of +3.3vdc. Scott, I hope you don't mind me quoting here …

"One way to do it would be to have a CV from your synth going to a TRS cable, with the voltage on the Tip and the Ground on the Sleeve. Leave the ring disconnected. This *should* work ok as long as the input is 0-5V BUT the pedal will only respond to 0-3V, and at 3V it will just stay at "max" even if the CV passes this voltage.

SO the absolute best way to do it, and definitely waht i would recomend, would be to get 2 resistors wit ha 2:3 ratio,like 220k and 330k say (very common values) and use it as a voltage divider from your 0-5V out to scale it to 0-3, then plug that into the TRS as described in the previous paragraph and everything should be good, and it will respond to the full 0-5v scale, because you actually just shrank it to 0-3V. You could probably cram the 2 resistors into the shell of the TRS and just have one slick magic cable "

But, is it safe to send it +5v in your experience? I don't mind working in a constrained range on my 5v sequencer, as long as sending it 5v won't destroy it!

Also, I'm not sure what you mean about cramming the resistors inside the shell of the cable, I'm not super experienced with how cables work - I really wish there was a simple eurorack-to-expression cable out on the market :\
stelpa

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby thedynasty920 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:50 pm

just got mine in the mail today and i can't wait to try it out tonight!
thedynasty920

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby multi_s » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:00 am

the CT5 just ignores CV greater than 3.3vdc up to 5vdc.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby stelpa » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:01 pm

multi_s wrote:

Thanks for the response, good to know :)

I'm mentioned in an edit before but I'm not sure if you saw it - you said earlier in the thread that you'd be able to add the alternate latching softswitch behavior for 0.941k to the current firmware version - are you still planning on doing that? I know you're busy and I don't mean to bother, just figured I'd ask since it would help me a lot. Thanks a bunch!
stelpa

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Tall Walls » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:39 pm

I thought that having two CT5s would create an unholy lust for the new firmware...and it kinda has, but it turns out running two (in series or parallel) is a gas regardless
Tall Walls

committed
committed

Postby multi_s » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:27 pm

stelpa wrote:
multi_s wrote:

I'm mentioned in an edit before but I'm not sure if you saw it - you said earlier in the thread that you'd be able to add the alternate latching softswitch behavior for 0.941k to the current firmware version - are you still planning on doing that? I know you're busy and I don't mean to bother, just figured I'd ask since it would help me a lot. Thanks a bunch!

hi

yes i can put it up in the coming weeks.

s
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby stelpa » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:51 am

multi_s wrote:
stelpa wrote:
multi_s wrote:

hi

s

You're the best! :)
stelpa

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby affectperdals » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:08 am

multi_s wrote:

s

That would be awesome. I guess it's because most other loopers operate on a latching switch.... so I always thought that would be sweet on the CT5. Good to know it's gonna happen!
affectperdals

committed
committed

Postby Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:29 am

Hey! I actually came in here to ask if there was a latching mode for this, and lo and behold it's already been talked about!

Has the latching mode been added to the current update? Or I guess alternatively, would it mess my pedal up putting the old alt firmware on it?
Zijnzijn Zijnzijn!

committed
committed

Postby multi_s » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:49 pm

yes you can use any firmware that has a k at the end if you have a rev k or l board. you can upgrade/downgrade etc.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby multi_s » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:02 pm

very cool stop motion animation/demos forwarded to me by the creator.

multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MrNovember » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:42 pm

That was some amazing animation!
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to Montreal Assembly