looking forward to grabbing a Ct5.
Today I’m buggin’ and thuggin’...
Instagram @cae_ig
Tobybass

interested
interested

Re: Count To Five

Postby Tall Walls » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:24 pm

adamajah wrote:And better yet make a song quick before the ghost in the machine moves to another pedal :eek:

I haven't hit upon a musical application for this quirk yet. Unless you were watching me turn DIR 3, you wouldn't know I wasn't just turning DIR 1 slowly. I only ran across this "feature" because I was switching modes a lot, and I was choosing my setting for Mode 1 FBK while still in Mode 3.

Further fiddling has revealed that this behavior is dependent on the type of expression pedal you're using. I was using a Moog EP3 at unity pitch and getting about a whole-step drop when I turned DIR 3 from full CW to full CCW. By adjusting the trim knob on the side of the EP3, I could tune my loop down an octave, and then turning down the DIR3 knob would result in a drop of about a fifth. The more you turn down the trim, the larger the interval gets. However, if I use a 10k Dunlop expression pedal instead of the 50k Moog, this DIR 3 detuning thing pretty much stops happening. The pitch drops a little as you turn DIR 3 CCW, but not enough to change your life. I'm curious to know how the CT5 reacts to a 100k expression pedal. Using an 8-Step, which puts out voltage and not resistance, doesn't cause this behavior.

I sent a video to Scott as he suggested, but maybe someone else here can see if their CT5 acts like mine.
Tall Walls

committed
committed

Postby BeachedWhale » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:49 am

Since seeing the post from almost a full month ago, I've been furiously checking back to see if there was any development on the post from November 8th saying that there will be more Ct5's in 1 month. This may be the wrong time and/or place to ask, but how true is that "1 month" assessment? The suspense is killing me.
BeachedWhale

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby damnableman » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:02 pm

A month is often a month but an assessment is a subjective thing.
Trust it will come. Squirrel those pennies away.
Just sign up for the mailing list. It works. When the bell tolls, you will hear it.
damnableman

committed
committed

Postby multi_s » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:17 pm

BeachedWhale wrote:Since seeing the post from almost a full month ago, I've been furiously checking back to see if there was any development on the post from November 8th saying that there will be more Ct5's in 1 month. This may be the wrong time and/or place to ask, but how true is that "1 month" assessment? The suspense is killing me.

hi, definitely the right place to ask (or one of many)

we will send out a newsletter soon, but we probably wont sell the next batch till after holidays because it is getting a bit too close to when we will shut down and i have to travel to see my family for the holidays. They will be up the start of January BUT we will be giving about 6 pedals away (3 ct5s + others) before christmas in various ways so stay tuned, maybe you can get one for free;) , we will send out a newsletter in the next day or two explaining the giveaways so i would sign up for that if you arripe not on it. otherwise the announcement shoudl also be on our new instagram page.

we will have the purpll in January too finally it looks like. i added a bit more functionality to it so i think now iteration 7 is the final version. i know we said this would be out last march or earlier but it really is much much better now so hopefully you will find it worth the wait.

s
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby blackjaw » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:22 am

Love the Instagram page Scott, good to finally be able to tag your work in our work
blackjaw

committed
committed

Postby Seance » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:00 pm

Merry Glitchmas everyone!

I plugged a cheap microphone into my mtl.asm CT5 and recording a little seasonal greeting.
I then animated some felted creatures (Felton Woolly and his pals) to capture the spirit.
Enjoy!

Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:30 am

Seance wrote:Merry Glitchmas everyone!

I plugged a cheap microphone into my mtl.asm CT5 and recording a little seasonal greeting.
I then animated some felted creatures (Felton Woolly and his pals) to capture the spirit.
Enjoy!

very nice, thanks for sharing , happy holidays.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby goroth » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:03 pm

Seance your videos are always so freaking good! :!!!:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Seance » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:48 pm

multi_s wrote:
Seance wrote:Merry Glitchmas everyone!

Enjoy!

very nice, thanks for sharing , happy holidays.

goroth wrote:Seance your videos are always so freaking good! :!!!:

Thanks, dudes!

CT5 felt like the right tool to craft the voice of a snowman.

Festivus for the rest of us!
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby molokaio » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:32 pm

Ahah that's so creepy sweet. Nice job

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/robzdrone/
molokaio

committed
committed

Postby Seance » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:12 am

molokaio wrote:Ahah that's so creepy sweet. Nice job

:thumb:
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:41 am

Ever so slightly disquieting in the most pleasant, nostalgic way. That could have been made in the Rankin Bass era of television. Incredible. :hobbes:

I've said it before, but I'll repeat (pun sort of intended) Seance, your stop motion is magic, dude.
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby Seance » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:57 pm

fuzzisokiguess wrote:Ever so slightly disquieting in the most pleasant, nostalgic way. That could have been made in the Rankin Bass era of television. Incredible. :hobbes:

I've said it before, but I'll repeat (pun sort of intended) Seance, your stop motion is magic, dude.

Thanks!
:group:
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Montreal Assembly