Your and You're



Moderator: multi_s

Re: Your and You're

Postby damnableman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:59 pm

Tall Walls wrote:With a heavy heart, I have to confirm that the 8-Step does not work with the Your And You're. I look forward to complaining when the next run supports CV. That being said, I'm pleased by the range of effects you can get with the tone knob--it can be surprisingly subtle, or unsurprisingly prominent. It likes my Dunlop expression pedal much more than my Moog EP3, but neither one sounds as good as turning the knob by hand. Just another task for my monkey butler to learn.

I'm glad I was able to get one without having to resort to buying one of the five (5) that Tim's Gear Depot is selling on Reverb, though I am intrigued by the fact that the "Mint" one is six dollars cheaper than the "Excellent" ones. And I see that You're And You're #10 is back on the market, for only $200 this time. Maybe it's cursed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
damnableman

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: Your and You're

Postby multi_s » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:39 am

Tall Walls wrote:With a heavy heart, I have to confirm that the 8-Step does not work with the Your And You're. I look forward to complaining when the next run supports CV. That being said, I'm pleased by the range of effects you can get with the tone knob--it can be surprisingly subtle, or unsurprisingly prominent. It likes my Dunlop expression pedal much more than my Moog EP3, but neither one sounds as good as turning the knob by hand. Just another task for my monkey butler to learn.


ok well thanks for looking into it. we have a handful more that i will put in the store next dump but after that i don't know if we will ever make more. If we do i will aim to give you something to complain about.
multi_s

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1648
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Your and You're

Postby weebles » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:07 pm

Tall Walls wrote:I'm glad I was able to get one without having to resort to buying one of the five (5) that Tim's Gear Depot is selling on Reverb, though I am intrigued by the fact that the "Mint" one is six dollars cheaper than the "Excellent" ones. And I see that You're And You're #10 is back on the market, for only $200 this time. Maybe it's cursed.


He bought mine for $100 shipped, then immediately put it up for sale for $250 or something the second he got a shipping notice. It's still for sale. I check it every once in a while because it's funny it hasn't sold and fuck that guy.
weebles

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:32 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Your and You're

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:10 pm

Yep, fuck all those profiteers.

Your and You're is a great pedal and people should be playin' 'em. :snax:
Alice: balls have a ball to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and theives, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here

I don't have a pedalboard. If I did, it'd be worth approximately 666 Metal Zones.
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 29222
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: Your and You're

Postby Jero » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:12 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Your and You're is a great pedal and people should be playin' 'em. :snax:

I totally would...if I could get one.
http://www.bradycases.com - Custom Built ATA Cases & Pedalboards

rfurtkamp wrote:I felt violated, parametrically-EQ'd in ways I didn't want or need.
Jero

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8854
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:12 am
Location: Tx

Re: Your and You're

Postby DRodriguez » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:09 pm

I use mine frequently. Probably my favorite pedal for just writing easy leads with right now. (may change when the purple rain passes by)
DRodriguez

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2831
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:40 pm
Location: Brooklyn

Re: Your and You're

Postby Seance » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:11 pm

I've been negligent in putting together a little Your & You're demo.
The first thing I played after getting the pedal was "Cars" by Gary Numan.
Super fun stuff. I will try to get my shit together so I can bore you all with
my sloppy playing.

:animal:
Seance

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:04 am
Location: Ontario, Canada.

Re: Your and You're

Postby Tall Walls » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:12 am

The cleanup with the guitar's volume knob is just dreadful. All the guys at bbq & blues are gonna laugh at me.

Really though, one of my favorite things to do with the Your And You're is to back off on the guitar's volume until a hard-picked note gives you a little staticky fart with a hint of barely-perceptible pitch value.
Tall Walls

User avatar
uncommitted
uncommitted
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:59 pm

Re: Your and You're

Postby JonnyAngle » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:02 am

The best thing for yy is get a heavy ass drone going

Ehx freeze, raptio, looper, whatevs

Lots of reverb.

Kick in the yy and do a super fucking slow filter sweep.

Like 1:00 long

Bring a change of pants
JonnyAngle

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2565
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:35 am
Location: Maple Grove, MN

Re: Your and You're

Postby JonnyAngle » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:51 am

https://instagram.com/p/BU0uyFBheNJ/

Yay is fucking amazing sometimes
JonnyAngle

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2565
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:35 am
Location: Maple Grove, MN

Re: Your and You're

Postby multi_s » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:56 pm

JonnyAngle wrote:https://instagram.com/p/BU0uyFBheNJ/

Yay is fucking amazing sometimes


very nice.
multi_s

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1648
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Your and You're

Postby multi_s » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:19 pm

Image
multi_s

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1648
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Your and You're

Postby damnableman » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:24 pm

Ooooooh
damnableman

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: Your and You're

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:27 pm

multi_s wrote:Image


:love:
Alice: balls have a ball to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and theives, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here

I don't have a pedalboard. If I did, it'd be worth approximately 666 Metal Zones.
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 29222
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: Your and You're

Postby DRodriguez » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:59 pm

well shit. I want a pink one too now
DRodriguez

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2831
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:40 pm
Location: Brooklyn

PreviousNext

Return to Montreal Assembly



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.