Roto-hinge for custom pedalboard?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Roto-hinge for custom pedalboard?

Postby Benn Roe » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:39 pm

I've finally resolved that the only way I'm getting the pedalboard I need for a price I can afford is to build it myself, and I've started planning it out. It's going to involve three panels that rotate out from one another, so that it can fold up to a compact enough size to fit in a flight case, but effectively give me a board that wraps around me when I'm playing and doesn't involve having to have multiple rows of pedals where it can be avoided. This is what I mean:

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

And I found these roto-hinges that seem like they'll get the job done (maybe not this size, but this style), allowing for the parallel rotation of these pieces of wood (with the middle panel resting on top of the other two). What I really want, though, is like an inch of clearance between the middle panel and the two wings. In my head, I keep seeing these black fibreglass cylinders with roto-hinges on each end, but I can't seem to find them in the real world. Anyone have thoughts or ideas for achieving that parallel rotation with just a little bit of clearance between panels, so I can feed cables under the middle panel, up into my ES-5?
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects