Piercing Hawthorne Feedback

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Piercing Hawthorne Feedback

Postby omarwhite » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:14 am

so I gutted my Tele Deluxe and put a single Zombie Dust LSD high output humbucker in the bridge. no other pickups. thing measures around 22.4. I also removed the tone pots and all I'm running is pickup>500k volume pot>output. the pickup has tons of balls tho and has great low end response. amp treble is set at 2.

problem is I'm getting tons of high feedback. I knew this set up would boost my treble output but it's piercing. my Decimator wont even filter it out. I'm loving all the additional treble otherwise, tho. outside of putting a tone pot back in or something, are there any caps or resistors or something I can ad on my volume pot to help reduce squeal? I guess a treble bleed would be the last thing I want...

any thoughts?
omarwhite

committed
committed

Re: Piercing Hawthorne Feedback

Postby omarwhite » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:26 am

also, pretty sure this is microphonic feedback for the most part. my practice spot is a 10x10 room, and I cant stand any further from my amp than I currently am....
omarwhite

committed
committed

Postby omarwhite » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:15 am

nevermind. ima wax pot the pickup and see what that solves.
omarwhite

committed
committed

Postby WayToHip » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:55 am

Maybe put copper foil in the body cavity around the pickup? You could be suffering from lots of radio frequencies, electronic noise, and even LED light bulbs can create noise.
Tom Dalton wrote:"I want to be as big as I can if it's going to stop a bullet."
WayToHip

experienced
experienced

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects