Looks great! Subscribed~
Spanish dictionary online. bullet force multiplayer
hugo3

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: Trinity Triwatt Build

Postby imJonWain » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:04 am

progress is demanded!
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:55 pm

imJonWain wrote:progress is demanded!

Awe man, it's super slow going! I got all of the components soldered to the turret board and wired up the heaters, but that's where I left off. Once I get all of the components soldered to the hardware in the chassis, then I just need to do the rest of the wiring. Hopefully this month I'll make better progress. One of the things holding me back is designing the head cab. Although it doesn't have anything to do with the circuit in the chassis, I want to be able to throw it in when it's done. Also, I have refired up my PLL on my breadboard so been screwing around with that and trying to finish a bunch of boards for pedals I have had laying around that are about 90% done. This thread gonna be a slow burn that's for sure....
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby imJonWain » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:28 pm

boop boop shee boop
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:48 am

PLL on breadboard you say! :drool:

Other than the add on boards and the arpegiator in socket I left mine pretty stock. I think my next project is that dope board you gave me! :!!!:

So many projects. We're kindred spirits :hug:

Hehe
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:18 pm

I finally got back to work on this thing! Got all of the off board parts soldered to the hardware and all of the wiring outside of the board done. I've started with the wiring that comes off the board but only made it 1/3 of the way. Still a shitload to do, but maybe one more long day will do it. I just ordered the tubes last night along with a missing resistor so hopefully it will see the light of day soon. Will probably take me longer to make the head cab for it and that's probably what derailed me as I got lazy just thinking about it but if it fires up and sounds good sure it will give me a good kick!

LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby odontophobia » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:28 pm

clean wiring duuuude.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jero » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:32 pm

odontophobia wrote:clean wiring duuuude.

+1
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:47 pm

Thanks chaps! Haven't done anymore and going out of town next week for a week maybe I'll finish in August!
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby blankfield » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:04 am

This looks great! Nice work!
blankfield

committed
committed

Postby LaoWiz » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:25 pm

Finally finished this damn thing (minus head shell).

I had finished all the wiring in January (I think) and have been completely lazy and scared to do the testing and start up procedures. The steps to start up were a bit confusing to me as a first time amp builder as the manual probably assumed prior build experience. I finally mustered up the courage a couple of weeks ago and read all of the trouble shooting threads on the Triwatt forum and did some google researching and got to it.

Everything was testing out voltage wise and then I spotted a lead that needed to be soldered in. Got that done and biased the tubes and all the voltages were in range. Plugged in and worked perfected. No debugging at all, can't fucking believe it! Now I want to build another amp! Will post more pics once I have it in a head shell but since I'm making it could be another year but hopefully not....

LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby imJonWain » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:19 pm

yay!!
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby repoman » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:24 am

LaoWiz wrote:Finally finished this damn thing (minus head shell).

I had finished all the wiring in January (I think) and have been completely lazy and scared to do the testing and start up procedures. The steps to start up were a bit confusing to me as a first time amp builder as the manual probably assumed prior build experience. I finally mustered up the courage a couple of weeks ago and read all of the trouble shooting threads on the Triwatt forum and did some google researching and got to it.

Everything was testing out voltage wise and then I spotted a lead that needed to be soldered in. Got that done and biased the tubes and all the voltages were in range. Plugged in and worked perfected. No debugging at all, can't fucking believe it! Now I want to build another amp! Will post more pics once I have it in a head shell but since I'm making it could be another year but hopefully not....

Do you have any links to some discussion on testing voltages? I'm at the stage in my TC15 build where I am supposed to test voltages for the transformers but like you I find the documentation a bit confusing...there is a section where I am supposed to test the trannies without anything else attached (IE turret board, pots, etc) from my understanding, but the procedure which describes testing voltage is later on in the documentation when the build is complete...? (Kinda freaked about doing that if there is no load on the trannies?)
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby LaoWiz » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:47 pm

repoman wrote:Do you have any links to some discussion on testing voltages? I'm at the stage in my TC15 build where I am supposed to test voltages for the transformers but like you I find the documentation a bit confusing...there is a section where I am supposed to test the trannies without anything else attached (IE turret board, pots, etc) from my understanding, but the procedure which describes testing voltage is later on in the documentation when the build is complete...? (Kinda freaked about doing that if there is no load on the trannies?)

I pretty much just read every thread on the triwatt forum that dealt with testing and debugging and referring back to the build doc. Let me have a look at that build doc and get back to you. Not sure how different the build/testing procedure is with the TC15 but should be similar...
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects