EGC Bolt-on Neck Projects

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: EGC Bolt-on Neck Projects

Postby kosta » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:53 pm

My bass neck arrived yesterday. Gonna have to get a body sorted for it now....
Object Object : Bandcamp | Soundcloud
A lil dreamy, a lil noisy.
kosta

Supporter
Supporter

Postby cantremember » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:02 pm

Olin wrote:Did you get your neck shipped yet cantremember? Tried your tactic of asking on IG to no avail.

Sorry I didn't see this till now. No I haven't heard back from him since him telling me they were all done. I have emailed him asking if they got their paypal situation fixed but haven't heard back. Very irritating for sure
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby Olin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:03 pm

About ready to get a refund to be honest, this is plain insulting now. To willfully ignore customers for no explainable reason while continuing to make more necks which they are able to respond to emails for and sell is just a piss-take. Kevin makes amazing instruments and he may well be a great guy, but this is hands down the most piss-poor service I've ever received.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cantremember » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:45 pm

Olin wrote:About ready to get a refund to be honest, this is plain insulting now. To willfully ignore customers for no explainable reason while continuing to make more necks which they are able to respond to emails for and sell is just a piss-take. Kevin makes amazing instruments and he may well be a great guy, but this is hands down the most piss-poor service I've ever received.

This is exactly how I feel about it at point as well.
cantremember

Postby Olin » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:00 am

His most recent response which I'm sure you saw, included that they're all done minus one 24" neck. I'm the only person who ordered a 24" neck in that run so that's cool that they haven't even made it yet. Giving it another month, if it isn't at least in the post by then I'm backing out and will wait until the next Robot Graves run or just save for an Obstructures.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cantremember » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:39 am

Olin wrote:His most recent response which I'm sure you saw, included that they're all done minus one 24" neck. I'm the only person who ordered a 24" neck in that run so that's cool that they haven't even made it yet. Giving it another month, if it isn't at least in the post by then I'm backing out and will wait until the next Robot Graves run or just save for an Obstructures.

I emailed him yesterday and asked if he got his PayPal fixed so he can send the final invoice. He told me a few weeks ago all the necks were done and he'd send the invoice asap. Well yesterday he responded to my question with, yeah it's fixed go ahead and send over the final payment. I haven't received an invoice and he didn't answer me when asking how much the final payment was. It's frustrating to have to go back and forth with him when it takes him weeks to reply. I'm leaning towards trying to get my money back after that ig post yesterday with 40 new necks. If they're done and just sitting there why doesn't he try to get the cash for them, I don't get it.
cantremember

Postby Olin » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:40 pm

I just got an email from him saying that they made one 24" neck but two got sold, neither went to me, and that he's making it right now and will ship it out next week. I think asking for free shipping is fair, that would be enough for me to not retain any bitterness in the situation I think.

Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cantremember » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:51 pm

Olin wrote:I just got an email from him saying that they made one 24" neck but two got sold, neither went to me, and that he's making it right now and will ship it out next week. I think asking for free shipping is fair, that would be enough for me to not retain any bitterness in the situation I think.

Any word on if he got your neck finished and out to you yet? I still haven't heard anything about mine. I am seeing on some peavey fb groups that people are getting those necks already.
cantremember

Postby Olin » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:41 pm

Nope, not yet. If it gets to the end of the week I'll get a refund and just get out of it. I bought a pretty nice wenge on wenge neck right before Kevin announced this run and it's hardly a "worst case scenario" to have to use that instead. I think about everyone from the Peavey run has theirs now though, also saw a 25.5" go up on Reverb for $850, disappeared quickly.

Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby kosta » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:53 pm

What is this Peavey run you speak of?
kosta

Supporter
Supporter

Postby cantremember » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:03 pm

kosta wrote:What is this Peavey run you speak of?

He did a run of necks for the peavey t-60 guitars. He posted about it on instagram but apparently he will be selling necks through reverb as they're finished and ready to ship.
cantremember

Postby kosta » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:13 pm

Because those things could use a few extra pounds. (Though I'm sure those sound awesome.)
kosta

Supporter
Supporter

Postby codetocontra » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:13 am

kosta wrote:What are you struggling with codetocontra?

Just saw this. Somehow got unsubbed from this thread.

Neck dive and the medium thickness of the neck. Was expecting a thin neck like my EGC, but my fault for not asking first. Tele body probably not best for balance. Planning to finish the build and then list it completed. Sad? Nah. I had to build this guitar because of the ideas floating in my head for a while. Happy to see it come together, too bad it isn't working out for me.

Hope everyone gets their necks soon!
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby codetocontra » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:24 am

Odontophobia, does our JM have neck dive? One option I was considering was to use a heavy wood like pine for a JM body from the same guy who made my Tele. My heel is wrong though, T-style instead of S-style. My other consideration was to add lead slugs into the body, possibly even just on the sides and exposed. Already heavy enough.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby kosta » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:57 am

codetocontra wrote:
kosta wrote:What are you struggling with codetocontra?

Just saw this. Somehow got unsubbed from this thread.

Neck dive and the medium thickness of the neck. Was expecting a thin neck like my EGC, but my fault for not asking first. Tele body probably not best for balance. Planning to finish the build and then list it completed. Sad? Nah. I had to build this guitar because of the ideas floating in my head for a while. Happy to see it come together, too bad it isn't working out for me.

Hope everyone gets their necks soon!

Ah yeah, Tele bodies are pretty light, really, compared to a Jazzmaster or a Jag made of comparable wood. Smaller and less hardware... I bought one of the 24" necks in this run, and I'm having Unified Guitar in Rhode Island do me up one of their bamboo and aluminum bodies for it. Should be able to get it to balance halfway decent I'm hoping.

I like your metal slug counterweight idea!
kosta

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects