First build! Bridge question

Moderator: Ghost Hip

First build! Bridge question

Postby PeteeBee » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:55 pm

Hey! I'm doing my first build and need some help. I took apart my jagmaster thing that thumbermingus made. I want to get a new neck for it and a hard tail bridge. I plan on keeping the tele bridge pickup and have a ghost coil coming in the mail from blk

What sort of bridge can I get, when it's routed for strat trem? I want a top loading, hard tail bridge. Ideally I think I'd like tuneomatic style, but I think that would require filling the strat route. I'd like to avoid filling the whole and redrilling if at all possible, but I'm not opposed it there is a convincing argument.

Also, does anyone know if I can pick up a strat neck to replace the current one? Or should I take it somewhere and get more accurate measurements?

Thanks in advance. I'm sure I'll run into more questions as I go.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: First build! Bridge question

Postby Mudfuzz » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:41 am

neck: yes, the jagmaster is a 25.5, same as a strat.
bridge: the problem is almost all bridges have their mounting scows where that hole is.. what you need it this http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.p ... tail&p=148
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby PeteeBee » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:47 am

Mudfuzz wrote:neck: yes, the jagmaster is a 25.5, same as a strat.
bridge: the problem is almost all bridges have their mounting scows where that hole is.. what you need it this http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.p ... tail&p=148

Thanks so much dude! I hoped that such a product existed! I was very hesitant to just fill with bondo and wood chips or something dumb like that, but that was all I could come up with.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby PeteeBee » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:58 pm

Progress shots. Hipshot trem cavity fill block didn't fit super well, but that okay. Bridge and pick guard will cover the mess.

Suffering suits you.

PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby PeteeBee » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:31 pm

I'm really slow at this. Here is as far as I can get today. Anyone have an idea for how to get a nice angled edge on the pick guard? It's a three ply one, so I'd like to show off those layers. Is it a router I want?

I need a different size drill bit for the pots, so I stopped, and didn't feel like doing the bridge pickup all the way when I need to come back tomorrow.
Suffering suits you.

PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Mudfuzz » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:58 am

normally a router, but what you would need to do is to make a template and you cut the final shape out with a beveled bit, and then switch to a straight bit for the non beveled parts.
you can sand/grind a bevel or even file it in if you are careful.
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby PeteeBee » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:28 am

Mudfuzz wrote:normally a router, but what you would need to do is to make a template and you cut the final shape out with a beveled bit, and then switch to a straight bit for the non beveled parts.
you can sand/grind a bevel or even file it in if you are careful.

That's what I was afraid of. I'm just going to go the careful sand/grind method. I'll get there eventually :lol:
Suffering suits you.

PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects