stratosmasher project wiring question

Moderator: Ghost Hip

stratosmasher project wiring question

Postby gnomethrone » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:39 pm

i'll try n keep this short: i picked up this hardtail bullet strat at a pawn shop and would like to redo the electronics with pickups i've got laying around but i need advice on the best way to proceed. it came with a just a bridge humbucker and volume pot but when i opened the pickguard up i saw the body is routed humbucker - single - humbucker. i have the stock humbucker from my blacktop jazzzmaster i'd like to put at the bridge and i have a gfs mean 90 for the neck and a three way switch. it's the hotter bridge version of the mean 90 so it should pair alright.
Will this work?
http://www.guitarelectronics.com/media/img/guitarelectronics/W650-H550-Bffffff/W/wd2hh3t10_00.jpg
I might try it tonight after work
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: stratosmasher project wiring question

Postby colossus » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:18 am

Pretty much, except the Mean 90 is two conductor. I'd refer to the GFS wiring sheet just to make sure you're doing it right.
colossus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects