correct way to set an offset brigde

Moderator: Ghost Hip

correct way to set an offset brigde

Postby repoman » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:08 pm

Is there a 'correct' position for the fender floating tremolo bridge as in is it supposed to be dead in the middle of the thimbles or leaning up against the front of the thimbles or leaning against the rear of the thimbles?
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: correct way to set an offset brigde

Postby DADGBD » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:17 pm

Everybody has their way... but it's supposed to be in the middle. Some people set them up and get the intonation right with the bridge posts leaning on the thimbles (either front or back). That way, if things get too out of hand while playing, you can always reset and move it back to position without guesswork. I've been playing Jazzmasters since the early 90s, and I just fix the bridge in place. I used to do it with a few wraps of electrical tape - but that's the way Mastery bridges are built, and if you ask nicely John from Staytrem will sell you sleeves that fit between the bridge posts and the thimbles, thereby fixing the bridge position. It's quite stable that way.
DADGBD

experienced
experienced

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects