2015 Jazzmaster

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: 2015 Jazzmaster

Postby skullservant » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:00 pm

Completed (for now). Waiting on the Mastery stuff.

Here's what I wrote up about it so far:

BASTIN GUITAR BG02H15 LANDED. Packed immaculately. Arrived in 2 days with full tracking. So many small details that one normally would oversee are fully realized on this neck. As much a piece of art as it is a machine and a tool for creation.

Pre-operation. Body: Ash Jazzmaster, weighs a shit-ton. Probably in the 7-8 pound range. Loaded with Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders because I'm not used to pickups that aren't loud as shit anymore. 3 way pickup selector, series/parallel switch, and master phase wiring. 500k volume and tone. Mastery thimbles. (Currently) a Fender Mustang Bridge, Fender Vibrato. Mastery Bridge and Vibrato incoming to finish this guitar off.

On Point. I seriously love Sperzel tuners. I had an Obstructures guitar moons ago that used them and missed them ever since. The construction of this is again just ridiculous.

Profile of the neck for those curious. I will take another shot compared to my EGC necks that have the thicker Dennison profile. This Bastin neck reminds me of the 'Standard Thin' Neck profile from Warmoth. Not quite a shredder, and not quite a medium. For being thinner than my EGC's I actually really, really enjoy the profie. It's fast. I haven't done a full setup yet and already it's just lighting quick with the action and play up and down the neck.

The neck installed in 10 minutes. That 10 minutes was 5 minutes of admiration before install, 5 minutes of labor. I didn't end up needing to widen/drill the neck holes out on the Jazzmaser body, the provided screws slid right in to the neck holes. For now, until the Mastery stuff arrives, I recycled the set of strings that I had on the guitar before I put the neck on. I only needed to replace the D string since the original was too short. I'm really blown away, seriously. I don't have many words right now other than I have barely even set this up and it's playing immaculately.

skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:18 pm

:love: :drool: :!!!: :rock: :D :love: :!!!: :rock: :D :love: :!!!: :rock: :D :love: :rock: :D :love: :!!!: :rock: :D
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby DRodriguez » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:40 pm

:!!!: :animal: :!!!:

What a beast. Enjoy man!
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby wafl » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:51 am

I think this might be the completion of offsets.
All others simply led to this.
wafl

experienced
experienced

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:55 am

The headstock shape works great with the Jazzmaster body shape!
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Obulus » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:10 am

:!!!: :drool: :drool:
Also, there should be a thread somewhere where all people who were in on the pre order post their bastard metal neck guitars :snax:
Obulus

experienced
experienced

Postby skullservant » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:20 am

I know on Facebook Matt added all of us to a secret group that has us all in it and another guy got his neck in on Thursday. Put it on a Tele Deluxe and it looked great.
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby imJonWain » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:03 am

that's insane looking
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Cisco » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:08 pm

Wish I had known about this guy sooner. Went through a major hassle with a Kramer neck.
Cisco

committed
committed

Postby gusman2x » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:26 am

Looks so nice. How do you like it Vs your EGC guitars?
gusman2x

involved
involved

Postby skullservant » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:47 am

I love it. It's different but in a good way. The neck is thinner, but I actually like that about it. Extremely well built. I also really love the Quarter Pounder pickups that I put in it too, they play well with my amp and pedals!
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:18 pm

Mastery stuff landed today. Got the action where I like it, it's super fucking low. Still working on a little bit of buzz. I love buzz though so I might not do a whole lot. Probably has something to do with how low my action is. Sustain like WHOA.

skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DRodriguez » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:08 am

:snax:
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Swordfishtrombone » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:50 pm

Goddamn Skully, that's incredible. :love:

The first pic with the neck/headstock threw me off for a minute, cus the reflections were making me think it had 12 strings before I counted the tuning keys. :lol:
Swordfishtrombone

committed
committed

Postby skullservant » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:29 pm

Hahaha the neck is SO SHINY
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects