2015 Jazzmaster

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: 2015 Jazzmaster

Postby Swordfishtrombone » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:08 pm

Yeah, if I end up ordering one (with what you said about it being so thin, I think I'll just eventually end up getting a fat neck from Warmoth instead to keep my wrist happy instead of waiting for this guy to do a 24" neck tho), I think I'd never get around to installing it because I'd be too busy admiring the damn thing to ever pick up a guitar again. :lol:
Swordfishtrombone

committed
committed

Postby skullservant » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:43 pm

I want to clean it every time I play it but then I say screw it and put it back on the guitar stand haha
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Swordfishtrombone » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:41 pm

I do this every time I play my guitar with wiping down the strings, so I can only imagine how fast an aluminum neck would get gunked/smudged up for me. lol
Swordfishtrombone

committed
committed

Postby skullservant » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:03 pm

Got a UFO tip in for the vibrato from a friend :love:

skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:12 pm

Just when it couldn't get any better. :!!!:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby betacloud » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:09 pm

skullservant wrote:Completed (for now). Waiting on the Mastery stuff.

Here's what I wrote up about it so far:

BASTIN GUITAR BG02H15 LANDED. Packed immaculately. Arrived in 2 days with full tracking. So many small details that one normally would oversee are fully realized on this neck. As much a piece of art as it is a machine and a tool for creation.

Pre-operation. Body: Ash Jazzmaster, weighs a shit-ton. Probably in the 7-8 pound range. Loaded with Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders because I'm not used to pickups that aren't loud as shit anymore. 3 way pickup selector, series/parallel switch, and master phase wiring. 500k volume and tone. Mastery thimbles. (Currently) a Fender Mustang Bridge, Fender Vibrato. Mastery Bridge and Vibrato incoming to finish this guitar off.

On Point. I seriously love Sperzel tuners. I had an Obstructures guitar moons ago that used them and missed them ever since. The construction of this is again just ridiculous.

Profile of the neck for those curious. I will take another shot compared to my EGC necks that have the thicker Dennison profile. This Bastin neck reminds me of the 'Standard Thin' Neck profile from Warmoth. Not quite a shredder, and not quite a medium. For being thinner than my EGC's I actually really, really enjoy the profie. It's fast. I haven't done a full setup yet and already it's just lighting quick with the action and play up and down the neck.

The neck installed in 10 minutes. That 10 minutes was 5 minutes of admiration before install, 5 minutes of labor. I didn't end up needing to widen/drill the neck holes out on the Jazzmaser body, the provided screws slid right in to the neck holes. For now, until the Mastery stuff arrives, I recycled the set of strings that I had on the guitar before I put the neck on. I only needed to replace the D string since the original was too short. I'm really blown away, seriously. I don't have many words right now other than I have barely even set this up and it's playing immaculately.

good lord man, you have played god here!
it's like everything i have ever wanted in a guitar. damn you! you've given me the GAS!!!
http://sonsofghidorah.bandcamp.com/

Pizza Cong comes with us. Get him on his feet, I'll get Tricky Dick.
betacloud

committed
committed

Previous

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects