Fun w/ Squiers - Tele hb neck

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Fun w/ Squiers - Tele hb neck

Postby grindonomicon » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:34 pm

It was brutal hot yesterday... I started working on mods to the tele I will prob turn into a bass VI.

Start: stock affinity Telecaster

Taken apart. Going to put the humbucker, a DiMarzio Air Norton I have in the parts drawer, at about the same angle as the bridge pickup.

Fun with the dremel at midnight, when it finally started to cool off outside. And wanting-to-storm windy so no skeeters.

Some chiseling, sanding, and drilling this morning. Couple minutes to solder the pickup in, cuz I don't have the $$ for CTS pots and stuff, but this was all last minute, WTF to do while enjoying heat stroke bidness.

And with the dremulated pickguard. Could have left just a bit more, but this will work until I carve a little wooden shim for under the pickup.

Sounds awesome, even tho only four string survived the modding. Nice and thick on the neck pickup, and really thick and single coil raw on the middle. Bridge pickup sounds good too, esp for a sub-100 dollar used guitar. I'm suprised the Air Norton doesn't overpower the single coil in the middle position, cuz there is just a bit of output drop when switching to just the bridge pickup.

Was a fun no-cash project, and a couple steps toward eventual mudfuzzin'. :thumb:
grindonomicon

experienced
experienced

Re: Fun w/ Squiers - Tele hb neck

Postby BlindtoFaith » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:39 pm

I got a Tele Thinline body that I want to re-finnish and mudfuzz the fuck out of!
BlindtoFaith

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby grindonomicon » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:39 pm

BlindtoFaith wrote:I got a Tele Thinline body that I want to re-finnish and mudfuzz the fuck out of!

I figure by the end of the year I'll should be able to put together an all-ILF-LF bass VI doom-drone-noise compilation CD or tape. I even have a potential name I wanna swipe from a post.

:idea: :animal:
grindonomicon

experienced
experienced

Postby BlindtoFaith » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:24 pm

grindonomicon wrote:
BlindtoFaith wrote:I got a Tele Thinline body that I want to re-finnish and mudfuzz the fuck out of!

I figure by the end of the year I'll should be able to put together an all-ILF-LF bass VI doom-drone-noise compilation CD or tape. I even have a potential name I wanna swipe from a post.

:idea: :animal:

Lay it on us!
BlindtoFaith

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Mudfuzz » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:28 pm

:thumb: :rock: :thumb: :rock: :thumb: :rock: :thumb: :rock: :thumb: :rock: :thumb: :rock: :thumb: :rock:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby grindonomicon » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:23 am

BlindtoFaith wrote:Lay it on us!

Achtane wrote:Think of it as a ravager of cities pre-weapon mounting.

Ravager of Cities would make a fine comp name for an all Bass VI fuzzathon. :thumb:
grindonomicon

experienced
experienced

Postby Achtane » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:15 am

grindonomicon wrote:
BlindtoFaith wrote:Lay it on us!

Achtane wrote:Think of it as a ravager of cities pre-weapon mounting.

Ravager of Cities would make a fine comp name for an all Bass VI fuzzathon. :thumb:

Dig it :thumb:

I like the way you mod, good job!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MEC » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:03 am

grindonomicon wrote:It was brutal hot yesterday...

For future reference June/July Wisconsin whether is not "brutal hot".
I know it was almost 85 degrees and that may elicit a little sack sweat but to call it brutal is ridiculous.
Don't even get me started on your "skeeters" comment.
:oldrant:

I'll make a deal with you:
You can't bitch about heat until it hits the upper 90s and I won't bitch about cold until it hits single digits. :thumb:
http://youthministry.bandcamp.com/
http://remainstheband.bandcamp.com/
Achtane wrote:FUZZ ALL DAY MAN FUZZ IS GOD ALL OTHER EFFECTS ARE SHIT
Caesar wrote:Dude, can you get the fuck out of my b/s/t thread with your bullshit.
PumpkinPieces wrote: This isn't America, this is I Love Fuzz.
Mudfuzz wrote:Remember when we were all just a bunch of weirdos that liked fucked up shit and not just a bunch of nerds buying bling to impress each other online?
MEC

HERO
HERO

Postby grindonomicon » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:31 pm

MiddleEarthCrisis wrote:
grindonomicon wrote:It was brutal hot yesterday...

For future reference June/July Wisconsin whether is not "brutal hot".
I know it was almost 85 degrees and that may elicit a little sack sweat but to call it brutal is ridiculous.
Don't even get me started on your "skeeters" comment.
:oldrant:

I'll make a deal with you:
You can't bitch about heat until it hits the upper 90s and I won't bitch about cold until it hits single digits. :thumb:

Saturday was 85; didn't even turn the AC on. Friday was almost 100, and the heat index was 107ish. With full humidity. It was that shitty southern kinda heat, so I can bitch about it under your own rules. :p

I live in the woods by a lake, near swampy regions, (esp this year) and skeeters can only get so thick. They have hit swarm density this year. The wind taking all the skeeters away while I dremeled the guitar at midnight was literally the only good part of Friday.
:oldrant: :lol:
grindonomicon

experienced
experienced

Postby MEC » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:47 pm

I've been in Milwaukee in July and it did get a little hot but not too bad, compared to Florida.
The main difference is North Florida stays at the Temps you described from May-Oct.
Even at night the low is in the 80s.
What I liked about Wisconsin whether was 85 at noon and 55 at midnight. :joy:
http://youthministry.bandcamp.com/
http://remainstheband.bandcamp.com/
Achtane wrote:FUZZ ALL DAY MAN FUZZ IS GOD ALL OTHER EFFECTS ARE SHIT
Caesar wrote:Dude, can you get the fuck out of my b/s/t thread with your bullshit.
PumpkinPieces wrote: This isn't America, this is I Love Fuzz.
Mudfuzz wrote:Remember when we were all just a bunch of weirdos that liked fucked up shit and not just a bunch of nerds buying bling to impress each other online?
MEC

HERO
HERO

Postby bob the r0bot » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:55 pm

Awww, you guys should have been here in early June. It was 100 degrees and 100% humidity every day before noon.
soundcloud................https://soundcloud.com/datingsite
My vanity label.............https://newemotive.bandcamp.com/releases (new stuff added 12/4/16)

Check out my rack.........https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/178913
kusherment wrote:Weed is kushed by hitting other weed.
bob the r0bot

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:22 pm

bob the r0bot wrote:Awww, you guys should have been here in early June. It was 100 degrees and 100% humidity every day before noon.

No.
In less it 45-65 and rainy I hate the weather.
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby grindonomicon » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:32 pm

bob the r0bot wrote:Awww, you guys should have been here in early June. It was 100 degrees and 100% humidity every day before noon.

I prefer winter to that! And I got the SAD. Thermals, cold, depression > fugly heat + humidity.

ILF: home of the best Squier-moddin' + weather discussion on the 'net. We need bumper stickers. :lol:
grindonomicon

experienced
experienced

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:45 pm

grindonomicon wrote:

I prefer winter to that! And I got the SAD. Thermals, cold, depression > fugly heat + humidity.

ILF: home of the best Squier-moddin' + weather discussion on the 'net. We need bumper stickers. :lol:

You make'um and I'll actually stick one on a guitar!
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects