· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Guitar tech, wiring, maintenance, projects, SOS calls, and more!
Post a reply

Re: DIY PVC Guitar Stand

Tue May 10, 2011 7:14 pm

eatyourguitar wrote:I think thats cool that you did that but my only concern is how solid it is and the price. my gut tells me to do it out of wood or hang them all on the wall on individual hangars. I guess if you dont have tools than this is your only option. its gotta be over $50 total in pvc and stuff. thats about what it would cost me in wood.

I ran an estimated cost of this project around $30-50, depending how extreme you get. It would be quite easy to make really stable, and is much lighter than wood. There's a desk I have planned that incorporates a guitar stand on either side :thumb:

Tue May 10, 2011 7:21 pm

Yep, Jero's about right...I'd say $30-50 depending what you have on hand already and how extreme you go.

There's a bit of flex, it is just pvc and glue after all, but the guitars won't really go anywhere unless someone is purposely trying to tip the stand.
I don't see it falling apart or any guitars accidentally slipping out, even if you give it a good bump.
The angle they stand up at + the middle/top guards prevent a lot of potential movement...it might bump against the opposite guard up top but that's it.

Anywho, you are putting a BUNCH of your guitars in one spot, be it pvc, wood or metal I'd put it somewhere safe to begin with

Wed May 11, 2011 10:35 am

I still gotta build my wood version.

If you're worried about strength, build it out of 1" gas pipe!

Thu May 12, 2011 12:38 am

mathias wrote:I still gotta build my wood version.

Or you could go with a steampunk vibe, and snag up some old copper pipe from a someone's home demolition project.

Thu May 12, 2011 3:54 pm

modernage wrote:
mathias wrote:I still gotta build my wood version.

Or you could go with a steampunk vibe, and snag up some old copper pipe from a someone's home demolition project.

Or sell the copper and buy something with the proceeds!
Post a reply