Installing a Fuzz in a Jazzmaster

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Installing a Fuzz in a Jazzmaster

Postby tuffteef » Fri May 07, 2010 1:14 am

Hey guys

quick quarrel

how possible would it be to install a fuzz like a devi pcb into a jazzmaster in place of the jazz circuit utilising the 2 slider pots and switch as an on and off
i dont really use the upper circuit on the jazzy and have some devi pcbs lying around that i dont know what to do with just throwin the idea out there

:hello: :idk: :idea:
tuffteef

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Installing a Fuzz in a Jazzmaster

Postby comtrails70 » Fri May 07, 2010 7:10 am

i never used my upper controls either but i realized that it goes well with some pedals that sound better when driven by a bassier tone (if that makes sense.)
i think that tone versatility is part of the beauty of jazzmasters. wouldnt a stomp box make it easier to change sounds while playing on the fly anyway?
comtrails70

experienced
experienced

Postby stanimal » Tue May 11, 2010 7:57 am

hmmmm..... well, it would be damn clever if you figured out a way to do it, perhaps install the circuit into the big cavity at the bottom and run wires to the rhythm control cavity, but then you'd have a whole lot of wiring and a place to hide a battery (if you don't install a battery compartment!) which means more circuitry to annoy the ultra sensitive Jazzmaster pickups (damn they get noisy.... you using humbuckers by chance?)... all in all, it's doable, there should be just enough room to make it happen... but i'll be honest, what's the point? it will make the guitar cool and you'll be proud of the hard work you put in, BUT you may end up doing some mods that devalue the guitar, worst case you can't get it working and removing the jazzmaster pickguard to troubleshoot any issues is a huge pain in the ass....

if you do decide to give it a go, please post pics of your work as it would be pretty fun to watch you do it.... :thumb:
blooghost wrote: I am here because Heaven is for fucking squares and Hell has no fuzz :animal:

Officer Bukowski wrote:Sorry like half of the people I know are fictional tv characters.

devi ever wrote:Seriously... nothing but ultimate holy fuzz love for you guys. :love: :hug:
stanimal

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby tuffteef » Tue May 11, 2010 5:13 pm

it prob would be doable i think the idea came out of utter boredom on my semester break haha maybe ill give it a go

if i did de value the guitar its eaither a super bad thing if i ever got desperate to sell or it would ruin it so much that i have an excuse to never get rid of it :lol:

and im using the stock pickups that came in the jazzy there pretty hot
tuffteef

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby bdunlap » Thu May 13, 2010 9:52 pm

If anything id put a momentary switch on it that would have the oscillation mode of the torns peaker or destructo noctavia or even an oscillating disaster fuzz so you can have sputters of oscillation whenever you tap on the switch, kinda like the joy button on the chk chk boom
bdunlap

committed
committed

Postby elbandito » Thu May 13, 2010 11:25 pm

bdunlap wrote:If anything id put a momentary switch on it that would have the oscillation mode of the torns peaker or destructo noctavia or even an oscillating disaster fuzz so you can have sputters of oscillation whenever you tap on the switch, kinda like the joy button on the chk chk boom

momentary switch FTW!!! :omg:
superheavyFUNK
Fuzczk & F!zz

I am ELBAN, THE TROLL SLAYER!!!!
- fide fuzz semper fidelis - ILF downtime 2011 on FB veteran

hey, i'm cool! follow me on twitter: @ricardo_bandito
elbandito

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects