· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
pedals born from a steel cube. <ironether.com> <FB> <Tw>
Post a reply

F' me, IE FMeron - FM Synthesis pedal

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:55 am

Shit sounds good! :!!!: Although, I feel like this dude could be my high school music teacher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aatqpmztb60

Re: F' me, IE FMeron - FM Synthesis pedal

Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:30 pm

Glad you like it! This guy has been in development for nearly a year, and I'm really glad to have it available finally. Web page just went up with in-depth manual, block diagram, etc. and it's in stock:

https://ironether.com/pedals/fmeron/

I think Zach did a great job of explaining the FMeron, which is not easy with a pedal like this, but I'm happy to answer any questions you guys may have about it.

edit: it only just occurred to me based on your title that this pedal's name could also be a Tammy II quote on Parks and Rec.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:36 pm

:lol:

He actually did a great job explaining the pedal.

You did a wonderful job with the sounds on this one and, as usual, I approve of the somewhat purplish enclosure. :thumb:

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:17 pm

this one is incredible sounding. How is the tracking on guitar? Also, curious as to what the hardware is. I know Don is active on the fv-1 forums, is this guy fv-1 based? anyways, awesome job!

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:53 pm

Thanks Teej! It tracks well on guitar, though the standard pitch tracking disclaimers apply - it'll track better with the tone rolled off on the guitar, plucking with the thumb instead of pick, etc. For the adventurous, lots of interesting effects to be had with intentionally glitching out the tracking with unison bends, double stops, arpeggios, and so on. It definitely tracks better and across a wider range (down to low B on bass, relevant for the super-downtuned guitar guys) than most similar synth and octave pedals.

Yep, FV1, although I'll note that the pitch tracking algorithm is significantly refined and improved compared to the more simplistic code that Don has distributed freely in the past.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:58 am

I've had one since June or July (correct me if I'm wrong here Taylor) and it is fucking amazing guys. This is seriously my favorite ever filter type pedal. It tracks perfectly btw.

I'm so proud to have beta tested this one. It's truly unique and I've never heard anything like it. Love, love, love it.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:33 am

This sounds fantastic. Thanks for he heads up chanks.
I'm going through a phase where I hate all demos... but that was pretty rad! And quite pedagogical.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:54 pm

I will have to listen tonight!

Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:42 pm

Interesting... hope to see a guitar video too.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:00 am

sylnau wrote:Interesting... hope to see a guitar video too.

OK fuck! I'll try and do it. Make note that I'm not a good guitar player though!

Also, will this pedal help me cover William Patrick Corgan's Wrecking Ball correctly? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:12 pm

I want this pedal so bad!!!

Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:10 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:OK fuck! I'll try and do it. Make note that I'm not a good guitar player though!

I'm not good either. :D

Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:22 pm

sylnau wrote:
Jesus Was a Robot wrote:OK fuck! I'll try and do it. Make note that I'm not a good guitar player though!

I'm not good either. :D

Note! I'm sick but I'm still going to attempt to do this tonight for you. ;)

Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:46 am

:hug:

Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:26 am

I WANT THIS THING SO BAD
Post a reply