· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
pedals born from a steel cube. <ironether.com> <FB> <Tw>
Post a reply

Re: "In the shop tonight" with Taylor

Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:25 pm

Gorgeous.

I just meant the Polytope in general is my white whale. I can never seem to catch it.

Although now that I know theyre being made again, I can save up for one and just keep checking for it.

Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:30 pm

Picked up a used-but-mint Polytope a few weeks back. My all-time favorite chorus and definitely worthy of your search. Hope you find one soon.

Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:51 pm

That Xero looks fucking awesome. One of the best so far. Looking forward to all these weird new finishes.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:27 pm

Wish I hadn't missed the Xero.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:09 pm

Is it just me or are Taylor's pics really small? Would love to see a larger pic of that desert Xero!

Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:06 pm

I'm posting small pics here for bandwidth, but when you click through, the gallery on ironether.com is higher res. When I get more time I will put together an archive gallery but right now people are telling me they dislike seeing things that are already sold so I don't want to flaunt it.

http://ironether.com/product/desert-sky ... ph-deluxe/

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:07 pm

Why would they dislike thing being sold? What a bunch of babies! Hahaha. That's nuts.

Taylor I got my Frantabit today and holy shit dude! This one is wicked! Did you add something new to the Franta? I don't remember it being so loud. It's awesome!

Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:13 am

jwar wrote:Why would they dislike thing being sold? What a bunch of babies! Hahaha. That's nuts.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:00 am

jwar wrote:
Taylor I got my Frantabit today and holy shit dude! This one is wicked! Did you add something new to the Franta? I don't remember it being so loud. It's awesome!

Cool, glad to hear it. Yeah, I think the FB, Xero and Nimbus got a bit of a boost in max output volume around the time the Polytope came out in late 2011. It's just a resistor change so if anybody has an older one that they want to make louder it would be an easy mod.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:24 am

hey! this time i see it in the shop before it goes. glad to know it isn't my browser or anything! too bad i can't buy it... :no:

Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:18 pm

Here's a Nimbus in distressed blue and white:

http://ironether.com/product/nimbus/

Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:38 pm

I just added some Oxides to the shop. These are the current standard finish, which is black with rust (color).

Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Hot Damn thats sexy. Please make a Polytope like that. And let me know a week in advance ;)

Are the side jacks standard on the oxide?

Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:31 am

Side jacks standard, yes. I had planned to switch to the top but then I ran a poll at TB and a small majority of pedal users said they actually preferred side jacks so I left it as is. I have done custom ones:

http://www.talkbass.com/threads/fs-iron ... ks.880986/

Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:23 am

Man, I like the white and black on that one too. Good stuff, man.
Post a reply