Postby space6oy » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:38 pm

lightning fast. :wha?:
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: "In the shop tonight" with Taylor

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:41 pm

Demand far outstrips supply?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Taylor Livingston » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:24 pm

Well, there are a couple things at work here - one is that Iron Ether has only been open for new orders for about 2 months this year. That's in part due to some health issues I had earlier in the year.

The second thing is that I decided to downsize the IE workforce and go back to building everything 100% myself. This just seems to work better for me and I prefer to be a craftsman than a biz mogul.

So, right now the demand is high and I can only build a limited number of pedals. I guess typical biz wisdom (bizdom?) would be to raise the prices by a huge amount but I'm trying to avoid that.

I expect things will even out in the next few weeks or so. I know it's annoying for them to sell out so quickly, but it seems better this way than opening up and getting a flood of orders and then closing for months so I can build them all.
Taylor Livingston

committed
committed

Postby neonblack » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:31 pm

Taylor Livingston wrote:Well, there are a couple things at work here - one is that Iron Ether has only been open for new orders for about 2 months this year. That's in part due to some health issues I had earlier in the year.

The second thing is that I decided to downsize the IE workforce and go back to building everything 100% myself. This just seems to work better for me and I prefer to be a craftsman than a biz mogul.

So, right now the demand is high and I can only build a limited number of pedals. I guess typical biz wisdom (bizdom?) would be to raise the prices by a huge amount but I'm trying to avoid that.

I expect things will even out in the next few weeks or so. I know it's annoying for them to sell out so quickly, but it seems better this way than opening up and getting a flood of orders and then closing for months so I can build them all.

This is good. I know now that its a safe bet that if I set money aside for a Polytope, one will pop up sooner or later.

It also helps that Taylor's sleep schedule seems to be about the same as mine, so I'll see when they're posted.

So much butthurt on Facebook from people with "lives" who "need to sleep."

Suckers.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:50 pm

^ yeah i think at the end of the day the only thing that's really important here is that if you really want a pedal and save up the money for it you know at least one will pop up sorta regularly so you can follow updates closely to make sure you snag it. sleep is for suckers, if you want that special pedal you better work that refresh button.
i reckon this is way more exciting anyway with the random art aspect and the fact that they're already built so the pedal can be shipped straight away just like buying from a store.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:11 pm

I can't wait for the first crazy unique thing that pops up and the ensuing shitstorm from everyone who misses it.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:29 pm

neonblack wrote:I can't wait for the first crazy unique thing that pops up and the ensuing shitstorm from everyone who misses it.

:lol:
free shitstorm with every purchase
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:05 am

I honestly don't understand the inevitable shitstorm. I mean, I understand that it will occur. But what gives folks the impression that Taylor has to wait to post something until the time is convenient for that specific person in that specific part of the world? Especially with the supply and demand curves as they are at the moment. Mmm... entitlement...
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:09 am

:lol: I think neonblack is exaggerating just a bit, it's probably just one guy.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby goroth » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:10 am

It was neonblack wasn't it?
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:12 am

Nah, probably blooghost.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:17 am

Haha, it really was just like 2 guys. I may have exaggerated a bit.

:picard:
What can I say? Im a natural storyteller.

Also, "in the shop tonight" with Taylor sounds like a late-night AM radio show.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:20 am

Or a Phil Collins song?

neon"verbal"black
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:28 am

Why isn't there an ILF podcast? I would listen to that religiously.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby space6oy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:07 pm

i :love: sleep. :p
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Iron Ether