· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
pedals born from a steel cube. <ironether.com> <FB> <Tw>
Post a reply

Re: Xerograph Deluxe

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:20 am

Shish wrote:OK, so I finally got my third Xero. Yes, THIRD!! First, non-DLX, is for manual filter sweeps with expression pedal (awesome bass wah before dirt, btw). Second, old pre-DLX version, is for deep envelope sounds, more or less regular auto-wah. And the third one, the DLX, is for craziness with cranked resonance on the edge of self-oscillation, with clean sound added to taste. And don't forget to add delay BEFORE it :!!!:

That's what I'm talkin bout.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:39 am

Dark Barn wrote:
Shish wrote:OK, so I finally got my third Xero. Yes, THIRD!! First, non-DLX, is for manual filter sweeps with expression pedal (awesome bass wah before dirt, btw). Second, old pre-DLX version, is for deep envelope sounds, more or less regular auto-wah. And the third one, the DLX, is for craziness with cranked resonance on the edge of self-oscillation, with clean sound added to taste. And don't forget to add delay BEFORE it :!!!:

That's what I'm talkin bout.

Mon May 20, 2013 9:10 pm

In honor of Taylor dropping his dealers, I'm bumping this thread.

The other day I was playing a fuzz sandwich with a Xero DLX filling.

Settings:

Fast
4 Pole
Up
Res: 12:00
Sens: Full CW
Freq: just past Noon
Clean: Full CCW
Filter Vol: 3:00

Mon May 20, 2013 9:52 pm

huh. why'd he do that?

's been awhiiiiiiiiile since anything new came out of Camp IE.

WANNA SEE NEW STUFFS.

Mon May 20, 2013 10:47 pm

Me too, man! We are working on so much new stuff though, so there will be some news soon, promise.

Mon May 20, 2013 10:55 pm

He explains it on his website, behnders. It's all about costs. He doesn't want you to pay a lot for this muffler.

Tue May 21, 2013 12:45 am

GOTCHA. GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. I MISS THAT.

(i'm such a catty little BITCH.)

good to hear from you TayTay! always super interested in what you got going onnnnnnnnns.

Tue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm

What's a good setting for synthy sweeping madness? Anyone care to share?

Tue May 28, 2013 6:06 pm

I personally tend to use resonance at about 1 or 2 oclock, freq at 11, then depending on whether I'm sweeping with my foot or envelope I max out sensitivity. 4-pole mode and speed to taste.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:58 am

Does the Xerograph Dlx work as well on guitar as it does on bass? I'm looking for a synths filter, and I'm considering the Xerograph Dlx and Subdecay Prometheus Dlx.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:31 am

thewarnextdoor wrote:Does the Xerograph Dlx work as well on guitar as it does on bass? I'm looking for a synths filter, and I'm considering the Xerograph Dlx and Subdecay Prometheus Dlx.

Yes, I play it with guitar. Haven't even tried it on bass yet. I think it'd work well with almost any instrument.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:09 pm

The only exception is electric autoharp. Plugging one of these into a Xerograph will not damage the XD or the autoharp, but your hair will explode.

Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:52 pm

Excellent. A Xerograph shall be mine then.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
thewarnextdoor wrote:Does the Xerograph Dlx work as well on guitar as it does on bass? I'm looking for a synths filter, and I'm considering the Xerograph Dlx and Subdecay Prometheus Dlx.

Yes, I play it with guitar. Haven't even tried it on bass yet. I think it'd work well with almost any instrument.

I know this is late, but I find my Xero DLX almost plays better with my guitar than with my bass.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:43 pm

so I'm really into envelope filters atm and these xero deluxe demos sound reallllly good. Any hints on when more might be available? Until then, I'll be watching b/s/t...
Post a reply