Xerograph Deluxe



Moderator: Taylor Livingston

Re: Xerograph Deluxe

Postby Dark Barn » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:20 am

Shish wrote:OK, so I finally got my third Xero. Yes, THIRD!! First, non-DLX, is for manual filter sweeps with expression pedal (awesome bass wah before dirt, btw). Second, old pre-DLX version, is for deep envelope sounds, more or less regular auto-wah. And the third one, the DLX, is for craziness with cranked resonance on the edge of self-oscillation, with clean sound added to taste. And don't forget to add delay BEFORE it :!!!:


That's what I'm talkin bout.
Dark Barn

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1429
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:12 am

Re: Xerograph Deluxe

Postby Eric! » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:39 am

Dark Barn wrote:
Shish wrote:OK, so I finally got my third Xero. Yes, THIRD!! First, non-DLX, is for manual filter sweeps with expression pedal (awesome bass wah before dirt, btw). Second, old pre-DLX version, is for deep envelope sounds, more or less regular auto-wah. And the third one, the DLX, is for craziness with cranked resonance on the edge of self-oscillation, with clean sound added to taste. And don't forget to add delay BEFORE it :!!!:


That's what I'm talkin bout.
Mojo Hand FX -- huge sounds inbound..
Eric!

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 6649
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:53 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Xerograph Deluxe

Postby Chankgeez » Mon May 20, 2013 9:10 pm

In honor of Taylor dropping his dealers, I'm bumping this thread.

The other day I was playing a fuzz sandwich with a Xero DLX filling.

Settings:

Fast
4 Pole
Up
Res: 12:00
Sens: Full CW
Freq: just past Noon
Clean: Full CCW
Filter Vol: 3:00
Alice: balls have a ball to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and theives, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here

I don't have a pedalboard. If I did, it'd be worth approximately 666 Metal Zones.
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 29236
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: Xerograph Deluxe

Postby behndy » Mon May 20, 2013 9:52 pm

huh. why'd he do that?

's been awhiiiiiiiiile since anything new came out of Camp IE.

WANNA SEE NEW STUFFS.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

D.o.S. wrote:dudes you're wrong manual dexterity is how you win music.

phantasmagorovich wrote:*squee* I feel like Behndy now. Like a big cuddly happy tentacle rapist.


music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

ImageMy Pedally VidsImage
behndy

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 16718
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:06 am
Location: Cali. East Bay Yo.

Re: Xerograph Deluxe

Postby Taylor Livingston » Mon May 20, 2013 10:47 pm

Me too, man! We are working on so much new stuff though, so there will be some news soon, promise.
Taylor Livingston

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: Xerograph Deluxe

Postby Chankgeez » Mon May 20, 2013 10:55 pm

He explains it on his website, behnders. It's all about costs. He doesn't want you to pay a lot for this muffler.
Alice: balls have a ball to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and theives, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here

I don't have a pedalboard. If I did, it'd be worth approximately 666 Metal Zones.
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 29236
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: Xerograph Deluxe

Postby behndy » Tue May 21, 2013 12:45 am

GOTCHA. GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. I MISS THAT.

(i'm such a catty little BITCH.)

good to hear from you TayTay! always super interested in what you got going onnnnnnnnns.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

D.o.S. wrote:dudes you're wrong manual dexterity is how you win music.

phantasmagorovich wrote:*squee* I feel like Behndy now. Like a big cuddly happy tentacle rapist.


music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

ImageMy Pedally VidsImage
behndy

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 16718
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:06 am
Location: Cali. East Bay Yo.

Re: Xerograph Deluxe

Postby jwar » Tue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm

What's a good setting for synthy sweeping madness? Anyone care to share?
"My boner"

-Jwar

"You may caress my harem of large velvety hammers any time".

- The Velvet Hammer

"#I'mwithJwar"

-D.O.S.
jwar

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 14475
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:18 pm
Location: Inside your mother

Re: Xerograph Deluxe

Postby Taylor Livingston » Tue May 28, 2013 6:06 pm

I personally tend to use resonance at about 1 or 2 oclock, freq at 11, then depending on whether I'm sweeping with my foot or envelope I max out sensitivity. 4-pole mode and speed to taste.
Taylor Livingston

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: Xerograph Deluxe

Postby thewarnextdoor » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:58 am

Does the Xerograph Dlx work as well on guitar as it does on bass? I'm looking for a synths filter, and I'm considering the Xerograph Dlx and Subdecay Prometheus Dlx.
thewarnextdoor

interested
interested
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: Xerograph Deluxe

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:31 am

thewarnextdoor wrote:Does the Xerograph Dlx work as well on guitar as it does on bass? I'm looking for a synths filter, and I'm considering the Xerograph Dlx and Subdecay Prometheus Dlx.


Yes, I play it with guitar. Haven't even tried it on bass yet. I think it'd work well with almost any instrument.
Alice: balls have a ball to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and theives, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here

I don't have a pedalboard. If I did, it'd be worth approximately 666 Metal Zones.
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 29236
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: Xerograph Deluxe

Postby Taylor Livingston » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:09 pm

The only exception is electric autoharp. Plugging one of these into a Xerograph will not damage the XD or the autoharp, but your hair will explode.
Taylor Livingston

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: Xerograph Deluxe

Postby thewarnextdoor » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:52 pm

Excellent. A Xerograph shall be mine then.
thewarnextdoor

interested
interested
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: Xerograph Deluxe

Postby Grrface » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
thewarnextdoor wrote:Does the Xerograph Dlx work as well on guitar as it does on bass? I'm looking for a synths filter, and I'm considering the Xerograph Dlx and Subdecay Prometheus Dlx.


Yes, I play it with guitar. Haven't even tried it on bass yet. I think it'd work well with almost any instrument.


I know this is late, but I find my Xero DLX almost plays better with my guitar than with my bass.
Grrface

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1946
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Xerograph Deluxe

Postby leaves turn » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:43 pm

so I'm really into envelope filters atm and these xero deluxe demos sound reallllly good. Any hints on when more might be available? Until then, I'll be watching b/s/t...
disclaimer: I'm an engineer with DigiTech/DOD
good deals
leaves turn

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 948
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:20 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Iron Ether



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.