identify chorus/leslie pedal by sound

Moderator: Ghost Hip

identify chorus/leslie pedal by sound

Postby eatyourguitar » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:54 pm

I like this guitar sound. how do I get it? could be crybaby stuck half way. could be a BOSS CE-2? leslie sim? he is standing in abbey road studios so maybe they have a leslie setup in another room hooked into the console? then there is this distortion and then the delay, that part seems straight forward.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: identify chorus/leslie pedal by sound

Postby qersty » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:29 am

Maybe it is the jazz chorus he is playing? Definitely some octave up whammy/pawg blanded in too which may be what you're hearing
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby eatyourguitar » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:52 am

I was thinking JC120 as well. still not sure everything else. these amps get stupid prices now. I know someone who buys them as stocks.
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby qersty » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:22 pm

yeah prices are getting really stupid on these. listening to better speakers now and yeah its roland chorus, they get surprisingly rotary sounding with the rate high. Maybe the BBD CE-5s are still cheap? Got more tweak but does the jc-120 thing with wet/dry instead of the polarity mumbo jumbo of other stereo choruses
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby qersty » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:28 pm

yeah the analog ones are only like 20 bucks more
There are 2 versions of the CE-5 where the second version is denoted CE-5A. This is printed on the PCB so it is easy to figure out which version you have. The first version is closely related to the CE-2 and CE-3. It uses the 1024 stage Panasonic BBD MN3007 and its associated clock driver 3101. The CE-5A is completely restructured. It uses surface mounted components and the BBD has been replaced with a digital design. All CE-5s made before October 2001 will have the old analog BBD circuit. The easiest way to determine which version you have is to use the serial number. If the second letter/first number combination is earlier than P1, you have the analog type. This also mean that all digital CE-5s will have a dark gray label.
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby eatyourguitar » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:55 pm

good cause the real jc120 hurts my ears with that blasted piercing treble. it cuts through a mix and cuts through your ears. I can understand using a strat with neck single coil only. but you put a chet atkin archtop or an ibanez artcore or es335 etc.. and you just want to EQ it ti get it flat again. I think part of the problem is that it is a really clean solid state amp. the speakers are really unique so probably this was done to show off the speakers thinking people would turn a knob if they didn't like it. it was a totally new amp design so you gotta give them credit for trying something different.
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Guitar and Bass