· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Guitar and bass lounge at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: “Other” guitars ...

Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:10 pm

comesect2.0 wrote::cool: :love: most likely bridge piezo pickup :idk: ...should be good :thumb: ..my bridge pickup works good with the all the fuzz'z..just not 8bit robot gated pedals without a od/boost, have fun :!!!:

I bought the Buzuq from the same company as I bought this, Unosell. The finish was a bit lacking in the instrument, i.e. the gloss was uneven and it had scuffs, but the playability was great. And the sound was even better. I'm glad you've had success with the piezo/fuzz combo. I look forward to testing … I may post some clips ...

Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:13 pm

Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:18 pm

got the electric saz in! sounds great! I need to upload some clips but I was pleasantly surprised by how well it sounds with distortion. it uses a Fishman Presys + which is a piezo pickup with preamp and eq. But it sounded better through a distortion pedal to a solid state amp than it did straight into a distorted tube amp. The preamp, powered by a 9v battery, is LOUD! Again, I'll post some clips ...

Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:30 pm

Super excited that I'm going to have Araz, the tar player in this video at an upcoming show I'm putting together.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:25 pm

This thread is awesome. (That tar player sounds killer.) I have a Greek bouzouki and dink around on some rebetiko jams on it. This is the song I'm currently learning:

Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:43 am

kosta wrote:This thread is awesome. (That tar player sounds killer.) I have a Greek bouzouki and dink around on some rebetiko jams on it. This is the song I'm currently learning:

Cool song. I've got the Greek Bouzouki on my wishlist. I have a Buzuk and it is related to the G.Bouzouki. It has extra frets (beyond wsstern notes) and soundx like a deep mandolin. The tar sounds amazing but thosd are $$$

Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:12 am

Not "exotic" but i'd like to get a russian 7 string:

Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:14 am

Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:28 am

that's exotic enough for me! you should see the Portuguese guitars with their bizarre spiky headstock.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:05 pm

dubkitty wrote:that's exotic enough for me! you should see the Portuguese guitars with their bizarre spiky headstock.

That’s a bc rich headstock if I’ve ever seen one ... fuck, now I need one of those :grumpy:

Actually, it reminds be of a beksinski painting ... the trumpet player

[img]https://falange.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Beksiński-2.jpg[/img]

Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:17 pm

dubkitty wrote:that's exotic enough for me! you should see the Portuguese guitars with their bizarre spiky headstock.

Another cool option is the cuatro, a Puerto Rican instrument:

Latin America has Tons of guitar-derived instruments, but I personally think the Ronroco is the king of LA « guitars » ... it has that bright woody sound that is perfect:

Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:43 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgVtYWj-6Tw

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:22 am

Chankgeez wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgVtYWj-6Tw

What’s being played here?

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:26 am

Check out their YouTube channel. I don't think you'll be disappointed. :snax:

Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:13 pm

Btw, picked up the Russkie 7string by Doff ... I am a sick man:

What’s interesting about this is that it’s made to old 18th-19th century specs, which includes s bolt-on neck - so a 7 string bolt-on steel string classical guitar
Post a reply