· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Guitar and bass lounge at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: Fender apparently just doing whatever this year...

Tue May 14, 2019 1:47 pm

Yeah my MIJ is the best! I think it's a cheapo line but still a really good guitar

Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:49 pm

Not fender

https://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-FEN-0374590-LIST

https://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-FEN-0370590-505

https://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-FEN-0370470-LIST

Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:11 am

I would be all over a bass version of that

Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:42 am

Awesome! Anyone know if the Starcaster neckpocket has the same dimensions as a Strat or Tele?
A non-F-Hole Starcaster with a EGC baritone neck and a bigsby! Yes!

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:39 am

holy crap! add a decent tailpiece and put some proper wide-range clones in there and Jonny Greenwood's your uncle!

Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:46 pm

ognoy wrote:Awesome! Anyone know if the Starcaster neckpocket has the same dimensions as a Strat or Tele?

I don't know about the Squier version but Fender Starcasters had a slightly different neck pocket.
IIRC someone on offset guitars made a 12 string starcaster and had to add wood to the neck pocket so it would line up.

Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:18 am

made a 12-string Starcaster. yowza.

Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:04 am

MrNovember wrote:I would be all over a bass version of that

iirc there was a MIC [ie. pretty cheap, near squier prices] modern player starcaster bass a few years back

Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:16 am

MechaGodzilla wrote:

iirc there was a MIC [ie. pretty cheap, near squier prices] modern player starcaster bass a few years back

Yeah I was looking for one of those earlier this year or last year. Not too many of them around here. Ended up finding a Fender Dimension bass at a really good price instead

Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:10 pm

karmablock wrote:
ognoy wrote:Awesome! Anyone know if the Starcaster neckpocket has the same dimensions as a Strat or Tele?

I don't know about the Squier version but Fender Starcasters had a slightly different neck pocket.
IIRC someone on offset guitars made a 12 string starcaster and had to add wood to the neck pocket so it would line up.

Pretty sure the new squier versions will also have the deeper heel and pocket.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:55 am

that would make sense. they're probably using the same CNC templates as the North American Starcasters or adaptations thereof. i wouldn't be surprised if there's also a neck-angle difference having to do with the body contour and bridge position.

Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:43 pm

My MP Starcaster is one of only two guitars I've ever regretted flipping. I'm gonna have to check out the new ones.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:51 am

I really like my MP Starcaster. Even though it's made in China it's finished pretty well and feels like a million bucks. Even the pickups are pretty decent.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:57 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:

IIRC they were around $700. But worth every penny. Dear Louise nabbed one and its kind of the best. 30" scale, huge bottom end, pretty much no top end, thanks to the tapewound strings we installed. Weighs one thousand pounds.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:00 pm

Fender has released a new Jaguar, and despite its price it looks sorely tempting. 9.5" radius fingerboard and a modern C profile neck. I've gotta strong urge to get me some of that. :drool:

https://shop.fender.com/en-US/electric-guitars/jaguar/vintera-60s-jaguar-modified-hh/0149813372.html
Post a reply