Fender apparently just doing whatever this year...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Fender apparently just doing whatever this year...

Postby Lurker13 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:54 pm

jirodreamsofdank wrote:The guy from The Strokes got a signature guitar. It actually looks kind of cool ('70s headstock + bullet truss rod) but as a celebrity endorsee it's hilarious to me. "Remember that band you haven't listened to since the first Bush term? Buy their gear!"

That really is hilarious. I wonder how much he had to pay Fender?

I noticed you guys seem to like Strats with 21 frets. I'm a small-fingered vulgarian, so I need 22 frets, and 24 would be even better.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:46 pm

jirodreamsofdank wrote:The guy from The Strokes got a signature guitar. It actually looks kind of cool ('70s headstock + bullet truss rod) but as a celebrity endorsee it's hilarious to me. "Remember that band you haven't listened to since the first Bush term? Buy their gear!"

They're working with Rick Ruben for their upcoming album, and his name is basically giant dollar signs to record labels and gear companies. Fender just wants their share of Ruben Bucks.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:21 pm

Bassist_Diver wrote:

They're working with Rick Ruben for their upcoming album, and his name is basically giant dollar signs to record labels and gear companies. Fender just wants their share of Ruben Bucks.

Apparently so does Reverb.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:53 pm

Lurker13 wrote:
Bassist_Diver wrote:

Apparently so does Reverb.

Oh lawdy

:rofl:
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jero » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:10 am

That's pretty random for sure...but I actually kind of like that song Reptilia :duck:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:07 am

Bassist_Diver wrote:

F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Ghost Hip » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:52 pm

Jero wrote:That's pretty random for sure...but I actually kind of like that song Reptilia :duck:

First three strokes albums slap tbh.
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby DrMabuse » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:32 am

His signature model only has the big headstock so he can sign it “that guy from the Strokes”

I recall first hearing the Strokes’ first big single where they just sang last night over and over and over again and finding it boring to the point of (last night) offensiveness. The stories about them being the (last night) saviors of guitar music and the scions of (last night) well connected music industry people probably didn’t help, and the (last night) Velvet Under(last night)ground references smelled pretty funny to me. I didn’t (last night) care to hear any (last night) more, and I suspect they drove Lou Reed to an early death just so he could roll over in his grave about the comparisons.

But that’s just my take, if you love the Strokes please have another.
DrMabuse

committed
committed

Postby Ghost Hip » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:51 am

I feel that, Last Night was the most overplayed song too, and had that Tom Petty double stop intro. So many bands were lumped into that Rock savior category at that time, and for young millennial teens who were clinging to classic rock/punk and were yearning for that... The Storkes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Vines, White Stripes, Wolfmother, etc. really gave us something new in the mainstream to grasp onto. Especially in a small town where no cool bands come through, you just had what MTV/Myspace pushed at you at the time.

Anyways, why aren't we talking about these Jazzmasters? Matching headstock, block and binding, classic tail piece length from the bridge, daphne blue and fiesta red options. For less $$ than my TVL Signature Jazzmaster? Sign me up. I love my TVL and it looks like these will be MIM with American electronics as well.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... aphne-blue

Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

Ghost Hip

Postby repoman » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:09 am

Those look awesome, I'd love a Fiesta Red one. Although the color looks a bit off? Maybe it wasn't photographed right.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dubkitty » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:28 am

maybe i'm shallow, but i think pau ferro fingerboards are ug-ger-lee.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Ghost Hip » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:30 am

dubkitty wrote:maybe i'm shallow, but i think pau ferro fingerboards are ug-ger-lee.

They ain't the best, but we aren't going to get rosewood for awhile it sounds like. :idk: :(
Youtube Channel?

Ghost Hip

Postby dubkitty » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:12 am

imma be buying used, then. oh well. it's not like i can afford brand new guitars anyway LOL.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:46 am

Pau Ferro is a dealbreaker to me. All of them I've seen in person looked like orange, runny toddler shit.

To be fair to Fender, Gibson's rosewood boards (at GC) looked just as shitty as the pau ferro on guitars 4X as high or more.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby tabcantab » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:01 pm

More like Pee-ew Ferro, amirite?

Seriously though, it looks bad enough that it'd stop me from buying new.
tabcantab

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass