LP Trad 2014 for a Kramer 450G 70s

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: LP Trad 2014 for a Kramer 450G 70s

Postby larssonn » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:54 am

Mudfuzz wrote:
larssonn wrote:
SPACERITUAL wrote:
larssonn wrote:I have considered a baritone, just havent had the opportunity to acquire one.
I live in sweden.

Ahem...
http://www.hagstromguitars.com/electric ... itone.html

Hollowbody :poke:

So... You've never tried a hollow body for that kind of sound? You've missed out...

It's possible I have.
You have any reference? As in some album where they used hollowbodies tuned into basses? Really curious about this now.

Never made the trade. The guy got really eager to make the trade... like threatening eager.. figured I'd regret it as I have with pretty much every other trade I've ever made. :grumpy:
larssonn

interested
interested

Postby Mudfuzz » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:58 pm

larssonn wrote:You have any reference? As in some album where they used hollowbodies tuned into basses? Really curious about this now.

Well off the bat a lot of EGC guitars are semi hollow [like the first one Buzz played], but in terms of bands, maybe others now specific gear used by others.. I can share some of my reasons why my main guitar I used for heavy heavy sounds is a hollow body which comes from being a bassist. For a long time I thought the best thickest guitar sounds I could get would be from heavy and dense solid bodies like LPs but LP type guitars never got me where I wanted to go, I wanted the sustain and harmonics of a solid but I wanted that extra resonance that I got when I played my old epiphany rivoli through a huge amp with a lot of fuzz.. that sounds.. like... this..

And of course to truly understand the awesome power of a hollow body bass you have to look to Filth Pig to Animositisomina era Ministry live.. fuck that thing filled huge rooms with massiveness.

So I bought a epiphone sheraton II because it is one of the only 335 type guitars that has a mahogany center block instead of a maple one [like what is in a rivoli and that way you keep that LP/SG voicing] and I put black winter pickups in it for extra lowed and power and that sounds like

This is just with RAT into a 18watt bass combo :idk: -tuning is B standard, but is the only non bari scale guitar I have played I I feel I could put bass strings on it and play it as a bass.. :idk:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Faldoe » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:50 pm

Another question: are the wood inserts on the neck even with the aluminum bracing? I have a big pet peeve about necks feeling uniform and I was wondering if over time the wood maybe shrink or warp making the neck feel off.
Faldoe

Postby Mudfuzz » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:44 am

The incerts are there in a attempt to make the necks feel wood like... I have seen plenty that looked ok but I have also seen then where the things came lose.. Wood and metal expand and contract at different amounts... And I still don't get why all you guys are so hot on the aluminum thing... Carbon fiber is way more stable, doesnt freeze you hands in the cold, gives you just as much a club for a neck, more harmonics and brightness you could ever want and without all the starfucking 70s nostalgia :idk:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby imJonWain » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:24 pm

I love my Kramer but I wouldn't pay or trade nearly that much for it. You can get similar sounds with customized Telecaster in my opinion.
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby agiant » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:27 am

I had a 450g with a Bill Lawrence pickup and it was a gooooood guitar. It was too heavy. I sold it.

I've never played an EGC, but my original Travis Bean TB500 is way different from the Kramer. The neck, the body and fretboard are very different. Both are cool guitars! Nothing to do with a LP anyway; apples and oranges imho.

agiant

committed
committed

Previous

Return to Guitar and Bass