Fender 62' AVRI Jag

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Fender 62' AVRI Jag

Postby indianDYsummer » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:21 pm

Wittgenstein wrote:Marrguar is less beefy than the AV65 neck though, right?

I've only played an AV65 once, but i recall them being quite similar, so I'm not sure. There's something about my black marrguar that appeals to me. I actually bought it from adorama for $1250 shipped with intent to flip it, but fell in love.

My other marr style jag is a parts guitar, (white marr body, CP neck, lollar pickups, AV/staytrem hardware). I'm looking around for a AV65 neck to throw on it though. I used to think I liked big frets and flatter boards, but I think my preferences have changed. I also kinda think binding on the white/white look will look sweet, and, as mentioned, I dig the AV65 necks

:!!!:
indianDYsummer

committed
committed

Postby Wittgenstein » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:30 pm

Stratosphere has an ice blue metallic av65 neck.

https://reverb.com/item/3490360-fender- ... e-blue-347

Couldn't hurt to pm him and see if he could get a plain headstock av65 neck.
This course, a perpetual alternation of determining what is true, and then setting aside this determining, constitutes, strictly speaking, the steady everyday life and activity of perpetual consciousness, a consciousness which fancies itself to be moving in the realm of truth.
Wittgenstein

Supporter
Supporter

Postby indianDYsummer » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:42 pm

Thanks--- i saw that. I'll shoot him a message. I actually considered throwing that one on my white body for the weird factor.
indianDYsummer

committed
committed

Postby rfurtkamp » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:30 am

I'm still kicking myself for not getting the prototype of the '62 AVRI that I was offered a few years back, one of my clients had a very good relationship with Schultz-era Fender and ended up with it.

I couldn't justify the then-princely price of $700.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to Guitar and Bass