78 Musicmaster Project

Moderator: Ghost Hip

78 Musicmaster Project

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:36 pm

Been wanting to break in the new garage with a new parts build. I ended up trading with Fever606 for a loaded 78 musicmaster body. My daughter has been wanting to start learning guitar soooooo, perfect. While the body is in transit I decided to start looking for vintage necks and found this 77/78 musicmaster neck that is about as close to brand new a 40 year old neck can be. Zero wear. The fret ends are still a little rough! Waiting on the body and some early 70's F-tuners.

Probably going to go with Reranch Burgundy Mist or Testors Honduras Maroon which is an acrylic lacquer. Not sure yet, the kid wants a lavender purple but both of those colors skew a lot more red. ANybody know of a good light purple rattle bomb lacquer? Usually like to give RR BIll my duckets. Don't want to fuck with any urethane or 2K products or buy a compressor for what is likely the last guitar I will paint. Preval units are a pain and kind of suck for opaque finishes ( dope for clear coats though ).

Dood "str8 purpin"
http://rothmetalflake.com/rattle-bombs/ ... r_8_purpin

jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Re: 78 Musicmaster Project

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:46 pm

Got all the pieces. With just a few saddles adjustments it jams. It is going to be tough to disassemble but the kiddo wants it to sparkle. Probably not going to use the rot rattle bomb. Going to check out some duplicolor and testors acrylic lacquer this afternoon. Tried the lacquer test on the old refinish and it is something other than lacquer now. May just plug the extra holes and finish over the existing finish. It will look cool when it gets beat to crap.

jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Postby fever606 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:37 pm

:!!!:

Looks freaking great, man! Can't wait to see it SPARKLE!!! :love:
fever606

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby aen » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:28 pm

Dude, I had pretty much the same guitar! Way cool project, can't wait to see it!
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ghost Hip » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:53 pm

I've always wanted a Musicmaster to play with, looking forward to seeing how yours turns out!
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:46 pm

Fun stuff. Is it a 24" neck or smaller?
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:01 pm

^^ It's a 24 scale. Seriously considering coping another one that is 22.5 scale. There are some late 50's necks on ebay for fairly reasonable prices.

Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Return to Guitar and Bass