Jazzblasters

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Jazzblasters

Postby horseblanket » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:13 am

Blasphemy? Fantastic? What do you think? Which humbuckers are you using? Why? Very curious.
horseblanket

committed
committed

Re: Jazzblasters

Postby horseblanket » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:21 pm

I'll match this resounding silence with a resolve to just do it.
Buying pieces now to match the EGC neck I impulse ordered.
Haven't had humbuckers in a guitar since I was a kid.
horseblanket

committed
committed

Postby gnomethrone » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:30 pm

Ha. Just follow your heart. I play a blacktop jazzmaster with a humbucker bridge and jm neck pickup. A PAF sounded really nice in the bridge but I finally settled on an old dimarzio super distortion cause palm mutes.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby horseblanket » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:11 pm

That's pretty solid advice. I am going to blindly leap into this because I am mature.
horseblanket

committed
committed

Postby zeravla » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:07 pm

I've never actually played one but my love for both Jazzmasters and a solid humbucker has made me always want one. I have a beat to shit 2nd hand jazzmaster body laying around and I've been debating either blktri LITS or humbuckers.
Or maybe one of both :idea:

But yeah, I think Jazzblasters are rad
zeravla

Supporter
Supporter

Postby horseblanket » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:10 am

I just picked up a loaded blacktop jazzmaster HH body on my local CL for a silly low price.
I hear the humbuckers are kinda weak but I am going to give them a shot.
I kinda dislike the racing stripe so I am considering stripping the finish and repainting with Milk Paint - i did a JM before like this before and it turned out great.
Bridge is going to have to go. I may have to mortgage the house for a Mastery.
Now, just have to sit tight and wait for my EGC.
horseblanket

committed
committed

Postby horseblanket » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:19 am

BLKTRI Crones sound like thy might be for me - on paper at least.

zeravla wrote:I've never actually played one but my love for both Jazzmasters and a solid humbucker has made me always want one. I have a beat to shit 2nd hand jazzmaster body laying around and I've been debating either blktri LITS or humbuckers.
Or maybe one of both :idea:

But yeah, I think Jazzblasters are rad
horseblanket

committed
committed

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:39 pm

I really need to get on drafting an add for my Gibson Les Paul. Stash the money on the savings account, except for a cheap JM with WRHBs :snax:
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby odontophobia » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:33 pm

Yeah -- I ordered the EGC neck as well. Pretty sure it's going on my JM. As time permits I may look into upgrading the bridge, getting a different pickguard and another set of pickups. I think for pickups what I'm going to look at is maybe some custom humbuckers in JM pickups so I don't have to fuck with routing anything.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby gnomethrone » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:03 am

horseblanket wrote:I just picked up a loaded blacktop jazzmaster HH body on my local CL for a silly low price.
I hear the humbuckers are kinda weak but I am going to give them a shot.
I kinda dislike the racing stripe so I am considering stripping the finish and repainting with Milk Paint - i did a JM before like this before and it turned out great.
Bridge is going to have to go. I may have to mortgage the house for a Mastery.
Now, just have to sit tight and wait for my EGC.

Yeah the stock blacktop bridge is trash. I went for a warmoth modified mustang bridge and some loctite but I'm a cheapskate.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby horseblanket » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:07 am

i am following your lead.
horseblanket

committed
committed

Postby oscillateur » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:31 am

For the bridge : if you get a MIJ then a normal Mustang bridge will have the good radius by default.
That's what I did for my Jaguar, cheap and efficient.
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby horseblanket » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:51 am

Do you have a plan for matching the radius?
Just kicking ideas around for the moment. My gut tells me it won't be so bad, but you never know.

odontophobia wrote:Yeah -- I ordered the EGC neck as well. Pretty sure it's going on my JM. As time permits I may look into upgrading the bridge, getting a different pickguard and another set of pickups. I think for pickups what I'm going to look at is maybe some custom humbuckers in JM pickups so I don't have to fuck with routing anything.
horseblanket

committed
committed

Postby odontophobia » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:50 pm

horseblanket wrote:Do you have a plan for matching the radius?
Just kicking ideas around for the moment. My gut tells me it won't be so bad, but you never know.

odontophobia wrote:Yeah -- I ordered the EGC neck as well. Pretty sure it's going on my JM. As time permits I may look into upgrading the bridge, getting a different pickguard and another set of pickups. I think for pickups what I'm going to look at is maybe some custom humbuckers in JM pickups so I don't have to fuck with routing anything.

To be honest I may fork out for the Mastery. The radius on vmjm is 9.5" and the EGC is 12".

Mastery says 7.5" onward. I think Warmoth's modified mustang will do the trick, too, so that's the much cheaper alternative.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby kosta » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:01 pm

Mastery really is the best. Returns to pitch the best of anything I've tried. And rings like a bell. Very flexible and easy to intonate and set up as well.
Object Object : Bandcamp | Soundcloud
A lil dreamy, a lil noisy.
kosta

Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to Guitar and Bass