· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Guitar and bass lounge at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: My Dunable

Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:25 am

SPACERITUAL wrote:
DarkAxel wrote:if the bridge really was/is crooked and it was not intonating - that is bad. But as I say - could be just a badly cut pickguard. I guess only SR really knows, so it's just a speculation :idk:

I told you the bridge was crooked. I even mentioned that I had sent it back to sacha to fix it. Which he did. Why is it you never stop to read and process an OP before you jump in with a contradictory response? Is it because english is a second language? Please tell me thats it.

I'm not being contradictory on purpose or out of spite or malice. I must have gotten lost in whether these pictures are post or pre that fixing because you wrote that the pictures show the guitar as it is now but the bridge still looks crooked in relation to the pickguard so that was confusing for me :idk:

the last person who made fun of English being a second language was Devi Ever. Let that sink in. But I get it - as you said you wrote it drunk and I guess I am annoying. I won't bother you anymore, sorry, it would just be really nice to see you happy about some gear again, not pretty much just negative :idk: Hope that's the part that doesn't get posted here anymore

Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:52 am

Oi vey this thread.

That case is disgusting. At least he fixed the issues with the guitar you had.

Also lol spaceritual.

Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:29 am

Got to try a dunble R2 and although there was no blemishes as the ones you describe because obviously this is two years later and in a retail store. One thing to note though is I definitely thought the guitar didn't really feel all the special nor sound that special. I played it for ten minutes and I thought it didn't sound substantially better than anything else and the look was too coffee table-esque. See that cum-stain bag though again, I think I won't even think about getting one of these dudes in the future.

I ended up walking out with a 90's reissue Dan Armstrong. Much more interesting guitar tonally and feel wise.

Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:18 pm

sergiomunoz74 wrote:Got to try a dunble R2 and although there was no blemishes as the ones you describe because obviously this is two years later and in a retail store. One thing to note though is I definitely thought the guitar didn't really feel all the special nor sound that special. I played it for ten minutes and I thought it didn't sound substantially better than anything else and the look was too coffee table-esque. See that cum-stain bag though again, I think I won't even think about getting one of these dudes in the future.

I ended up walking out with a 90's reissue Dan Armstrong. Much more interesting guitar tonally and feel wise.

Interesting and helpful (as is this thread)

When I first saw Dunable online I thought they looked cool and would be a nice guitar to have around a gibsonish thing with fender scale.......but I don't think I would buy one without being able to play it first now

Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:57 pm

You should definitely try one before you buy one. You may very well love it as I heard so much hype about them being an amazing guitar but I didn't think that they were worth the price tag. People have a cult like love of them similar to EGC stuff. Just for your information I tried this guitar https://reverb.com/item/3568181-dunable ... erial-1682

I tried it on a Marshall JMP and Hiwatt 4x12

Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:35 pm

sergiomunoz74 wrote:I ended up walking out with a 90's reissue Dan Armstrong.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH

The thought that i could've had one of those for what I paid for my dunable causes me considerable distress.

Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:02 pm

SPACERITUAL wrote:
sergiomunoz74 wrote:I ended up walking out with a 90's reissue Dan Armstrong.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH

The thought that i could've had one of those for what I paid for my dunable causes me considerable distress.

Actually I paid about 1000 dollars less than most of those dunables and got two free extra pickups although both are humbuckers they are wound pretty hot (one is fucking 18 or something like that)

Either way SORRY TO MAKE YOU FEEL BAD :!!!:

Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:22 pm

:picard:
Post a reply