Gibson EB13, any input?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Gibson EB13, any input?

Postby larssonn » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:08 pm

Howdy!

So basically after a whole bunch of years playing nothing but guitar, I've gotten into the thoughts of getting a bass.
And running low on money but high on guitars I figured I'd t put my Kurt Cobain Fender Mustang up for trade.
I got 2 offers of Fender Precisions, one got sold and the other one seemed unserious.
Other than that I got a bunch of epi's, rickenbacker copies, disproportionate more show than sound pieces and a Gibson EB13.

Any guitar I'd probably trade away for that Gibson logo'ed openbook headstocked beauty, but theres alot of affection worth in this Mustang that I just have to be sure and I don't know all that much about bass guitars.
Anyone that got any experience with it? Is it a huge nope, a handwiggle or a don't hesitate just do it type of bass guitar?

Bestest regardes!
larssonn

interested
interested

Re: Gibson EB13, any input?

Postby rickenbastard » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:19 pm

If I was trading a sentimental guitar for it, it would depend what color it was haha...
I tried one out in a music shop. The neck had a lot of mass to it. Super solid. Fairly dark tone but not EB3 dark.
That's all I can remember about it, don't recall having any complaints.
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby larssonn » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:22 am

rickenbastard wrote:If I was trading a sentimental guitar for it, it would depend what color it was haha...
I tried one out in a music shop. The neck had a lot of mass to it. Super solid. Fairly dark tone but not EB3 dark.
That's all I can remember about it, don't recall having any complaints.

Thanks for the reply!
Its a sunburst and its basically this one or a butterscotch Japan precision fender. And I know barely anything about basses, like is precision even something worth using when you want to play fuzzy stoner to slow doom?
larssonn

interested
interested

Postby aen » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:13 pm

larssonn wrote:
rickenbastard wrote:like is precision even something worth using when you want to play fuzzy stoner to slow doom?

A P-bass is exactly what I would play in that scenario.
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:21 am

aen wrote:
larssonn wrote:
rickenbastard wrote:like is precision even something worth using when you want to play fuzzy stoner to slow doom?

A P-bass is exactly what I would play in that scenario.

+3 There isn't very much you can't do with a good Pbassā€¦ plus all stoner and doom are based on black sabbath and well ...
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby rickenbastard » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:40 pm

Geezer Butler and Dixie Dave use a p-bass. So does Steve Harris.

Although if it's the '51 reissue p-bass (the only butterscotch MIJ Fender I'm seeing) that's going to be a lot different than a standard p-bass. It will have a lot of mids and that single coil will probably be quite noisy with a boosted signal.
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby bloatedsack » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:38 am

Sell something you don't care about, buy a used MIM P for less than $300 and replace the pickup if you feel it's neccessary.
bloatedsack

committed
committed

Postby larssonn » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:41 pm

bloatedsack wrote:Sell something you don't care about, buy a used MIM P for less than $300 and replace the pickup if you feel it's neccessary.

Guess, I'll do that. Thanks man.
larssonn

interested
interested

Return to Guitar and Bass