Cimar Guild Clone Deets?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Cimar Guild Clone Deets?

Postby orllybrahhehbrah » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:04 am

Nipped into a local guitar shop today and came across a Cimar branded MIJ Guild copy.

I was immediately attracted to the (apparently Alder slab) body and the pickup's are genuinely little beasts, only issues that I could see in the short time I was in was the tuners looking a little dated but they did hold well.
Any of you have experience with these? I'm not very experienced with 70/80s Japanese clones.

Pics for reference https://imgur.com/a/ArBjY
orllybrahhehbrah

committed
committed

Re: Cimar Guild Clone Deets?

Postby weed_killer » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:56 pm

No direct experience with Cimar stuff but from what I know it falls under the lower-end of mij stuff from the 70s. I wouldn't necessarily buy one sight unseen, but if you've tried it and like it, I'd say go for it, depending on how much they're asking - I probably wouldn't go higher than $250-275ish.
weed_killer

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Cimar Guild Clone Deets?

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:35 pm

Yeah, I've played stuff like that in shops before. Nothing wrong with stuff like that. It's decent quality.

If you like it, get it (as long as it's not too pricey). I wouldn't worry about the tuners too much. If they hold tune, they hold tune. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Return to Guitar and Bass