GFS P90 sized humbuckers....?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: GFS P90 sized humbuckers....?

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:43 pm

The ones I've been using sound great :idk: They sound WAY clearer than the humbuckers I play in all my other guitars, especially through thick fuzz.
I got them in a trade a while back and have no clue what brand/model they are though.
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby doommeow » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:24 pm

Mean90 is probably the star of the GFS line - far too many of them are bland, lifeless at best. If you're a brave sort, ditch some of the wax for a slightly brighter, definitely more reactive ride.
doommeow

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby voerking » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:12 pm

doommeow wrote:Mean90 is probably the star of the GFS line - far too many of them are bland, lifeless at best. If you're a brave sort, ditch some of the wax for a slightly brighter, definitely more reactive ride.

i agree that GFS pups are hit & miss. i REALLY like the tele neck rail humbucker pup & the filtertron-esque thing (i don't remember what they're actually called) that i have in my baritele:
i also really like the Surf90's

none of those are P90 sized humbuckers, though.
voerking

experienced
experienced

Postby frigid midget » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:03 pm

I put GFS mini hums in my old LP Jr DC, instead of the stock P100s it came with. They weren't half bad, but like someone else said...They really sound more like hot sc's than actual humbuckies. Sorta inbetween I guess, wich imo is an awesome thing for someone like myself, who's not into hb's and doesn't get enough beef out of his sc guitars :)
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to Guitar and Bass